Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those who can tile

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:39 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

can you please break it down for me?   i want to tile my kitchen backsplash with white subway tile but ive never tiled anything before.  what do i need? how do i do it? what tips and tricks can you give me?  i already have a tile cutter but everything else i still need to purchase.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bigtrucksgirl
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:20 AM

we just tiled our floor in the kitchen. If you want I'll pm you when so gets home and I can tell you EXACLTY what you need. it was VERY easy to do the floors so I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard for the back splash. I would go to Lowes or Home Depot and ask someone in the tile area and see what they say as well

blueridgemama
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Home Depot has those books that tell you how to do anything yourself.  They have orange covers and are hardback.  We used the tiling one and it has sections on floors, walls, tables, and everything.  We followed it step by step and have done 3 floors, a mirror frame, and a bathroom wall.  We had many compliments and some couldn't believe it wasn't professionally done.  Its easy if you just follow the steps exactly.  They even give you an exact list of what you'll need.  Also, talk to the sales person in the tiling section as you buy the stuff and they'll give you tips.

kikikiki
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Lowes website also has DIY videos that can show you how, along with a description and list of what you need. I couldn't find the video, but here is a description: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=howTo&p=Improve/tilebacksplash.html

Kristin, mother to ShaneLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)