Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 kids - 1 bedroom - need ideas

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 289 Total Views

We have a very small 3 bedroom house.  We use one room for a playroom and one for the bedroom for the girls and we have a little boy coming in the spring.  The bedroom is light blue and has a full size bed and crib in it.  My girls will turn 4 and 2 shortly after Ben is born.  I need a nice gender neutral theme (I'm not painting again) and maybe some storage/organization ideas.  Oh, I can't wait to get a bigger house. 

Pictures would be great!

Thanks

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ncxg
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM

you can do a nice light green. I love that color

kimsardo
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:31 PM

crayon type alphabet theme or  a jungle or outdoorsy type theme.

liltymesmom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Just throwing an idea out there for ya...my friend had 2 boys and a girl in one room. The walls were red on the bottom of the chairrail and beige on top. Two walls had firetruck stuff/theme and the other two had lady bugs. It blended really well and was cute. All that was in their room were beds and dressers. It didn't look too cluttered. GL!

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Maybe painting the room all white, and the in each corner or wherever the beds are have them do their own colors.  So if girl 1 likes pink the do her bed linens and storage bin in pink, girl 2 wants yellow do her linens in yellow and storage bin, and etc...  Then anything they share try to get it in white.  You could also let them each pick their own item.  Like girl 1 could pick flowers, girl 2 could pick stars, and build around what they want.

quiverfulmom
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 7:39 PM

you mentioned that you didn't want to paint again.... to keep it simple, i would just go with a cute check;striped; plaid; polkadot...whatever, comforter or quilt for the girls' bed and find something coordinating for the baby boy's crib. that way the whole room ties in....get some inexpensive wall art or check the dollar stores for they stick and peel wall art. that way it's not going to break the bank yet everything will coordinate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)