Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Rocky" theme office - help!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

Okay  -  so hubby and I are getting ready to close on a house and know he'll actually have his own office! He's excited about it since his drums and desk/bookshelves/etc have been in our basement. So, I want to do something really cool for his office. I'm hoping to get it done while he's at work and keep him out for a few days, haha.

He LOVES the Rocky movies and that's my inspiration for the room. He's already got a few Rocky posters that I'll use. There's also a quote from one of the movies that he loves and I want to project/trace/paint it on the wall above his drums.

The room is, I believe, 11x10 (ish). Right now, it has orange carpet and a Bengals fan, which will be changed to neutral carpet and, I'm hoping, a modern-looking silver-toned fan. I would really like to use black and silver with a pop of color (I'm thinking red?!) in accents and such. I just want him to have a "manly" space for himself, kid-free. He does a lot for our family and works his butt off so I can stay home.

So, ladies, I'm looking for any furniture (desk, filing cabinet, bookshelf, chairs), paint, decor, lighting, window treatment, or storage ideas that you have!!! I want this room to be AWESOME for him! I'm going to start babysitting part-time to help pay for extra stuff, but not until this summer. I'm due with our 2nd any day now so I want to wait until he's a little older to start with the childcare. I'm hoping to save some money up here and there. I would LOVE to surprise him for father's day but doubt the budget will allow it by then.

Anyways - HELP!!!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GOBryan
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I don't know where you need the help. It sounds like you know what you want to do with it already.  I think if you get a pair of boxing gloves to hang somewhere in the room, it would add to the theme.

Maybe look on Ebay for a theme lamp, etc.  A Fatheads Sticker of Rocky for the wall, etc.

EL2boys4me
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Ooh, good idea! Hmmmmm.... now that I think about it, he might have some of those somewhere. I'm going to have to sneak through his stuff and see what he has, hahaha.

OH, and something I REALLY have no clue about:
He's got all these dumbells and little exercise things that he keeps with his office stuff, too. What do I do with those so they're not sitting around everywhere? Just a big basket or what? The closet that is in the room with probably be used for extra storage of blankets and seasonal stuff at the begining, but eventually I'd like to take the doors off and use that space to put more book shelves or something - the man is like a library, hahaha.

Quoting GOBryan:

I don't know where you need the help. It sounds like you know what you want to do with it already.  I think if you get a pair of boxing gloves to hang somewhere in the room, it would add to the theme.

Maybe look on Ebay for a theme lamp, etc.  A Fatheads Sticker of Rocky for the wall, etc.

GOBryan
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I don't know how many dumbells we're talking about but you can probably buy a rack for them. 

This is a wall mount design

Quoting EL2boys4me:

Ooh, good idea! Hmmmmm.... now that I think about it, he might have some of those somewhere. I'm going to have to sneak through his stuff and see what he has, hahaha.

He's got all these dumbells and little exercise things that he keeps with his office stuff, too. What do I do with those so they're not sitting around everywhere? Just a big basket or what? The closet that is in the room with probably be used for extra storage of blankets and seasonal stuff at the begining, but eventually I'd like to take the doors off and use that space to put more book shelves or something - the man is like a library, hahaha.

EL2boys4me
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Love the wall mount one. THANKS!

Quoting GOBryan:

I don't know how many dumbells we're talking about but you can probably buy a rack for them. 

This is a wall mount design

Quoting EL2boys4me:

jmenini
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Not sure how far you want to take the Rocky theme, but you can get rope or even paint lines around the room to make it look like a boxing ring.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)