Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My new kitchen PICTURE HEAVY!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 532 Total Views

The day we bought the house

The ugly chandelier

The ugly island!

BEFORE

The cabinets before

The cabinets after, two toned, and a oven in the right hand corner, with a cabinet we build, and the stove top put in the island. And the shutters we added.

We wanted something different for under the sink, shows the light cabinets on the bottom

And the darker ones on the top

A shelf i got at a consignment shop, sanded and re stained, for now to hold the microwave and small appliances until i get the cabinet built in!

I collect shot glasses, wine glasses, and vases i thought it was a nice touch in the kitchen and got them all out of storage, and the little baskets i thought matched well with the two tone colors for cheep at Dollar General.

The new island and stools i put new fabirc on them also.

Shutters we found in the shed when we moved in, i just stained them and thought it was a neat art piece.

A pantry we build waiting on the doors to get finished!

The dinning area we need a new kitchen table and chairs!

The cabinet we built to hold the oven, also waiting on the doors to get finished!

The counter tops, we want new ones just can't afford them right now!

The flooring that was put in a year before we bought the house.

The stove top we bought for 50$

We took out the chandelier and replaced with a new light fixture.

We are also saving up for stainless steel appliances and the new kitchen hard ware (handles) are also going to be stainless steel. We also put in some under the cabinet lighting. I am saving mirrors right now i am going to take the old back splash out and do a Mosaic mirror for the back splash. Anyone have any suggestions for colors???? That's my next step!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ELnEMsMommy
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Nice job on the cabinets.  To me, your kitchen seems like it should be a red.  That is what first popped in my head anyhow.  I got a great deal on door pulls at Menards if you have one. 

Jess~Mommy to 3 girls

Ella Delaney    Emily Gracyn  Ensly Reagan

mommybgood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 1:14 AM

What alot you guys have accomplished!! Good job!  As for the color...I'm thinking a cool grey/blue, with a dark taupey brown on the far wall in the dining room for an accent...??

Shelly

jeepinmommaof2
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Quoting mommybgood:

What alot you guys have accomplished!! Good job!  As for the color...I'm thinking a cool grey/blue, with a dark taupey brown on the far wall in the dining room for an accent...??

Shelly

That would be nice, but since that is how my master bed room is done i think it would be too much in the kitchen lol...i was thinking of a sage green?

twolipstogether
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:39 AM

You did a beautiful job.. your kitchen looks great.  good

twolipstogether

DeeMomof5
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 6:57 PM

what a great job done in ur kitchen.  i love it!  i am envious LOL ur kitchen seems to b huge.  great job!!!!

Jodanro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2009 at 7:14 PM

You did a beautiful job on your cabinets.  I recently refinished mine.  It was such a tedious process, but well worth it.  I love your idea for the backsplash!!  I think you could use just about any color.  I personally would use pretty golds, dark burgandy with browns and taupes.  Of course, that depends on the counters you want to get down the road.  I have seen some beautiful laminate counter tops.  Some of them really do look like granite!  But at a fraction of the cost.  I'm still waiting on my counters.  I've narrowed it down to a couple and now I just have to decide which one!  That's the hard part.  LOL

Keep up the good work :o)

~Pennygroup hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)