Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*UPDATE*(pic heavy) Need help picking a shade!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:09 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 743 Total Views

My dh and I are redoing our master bedroom, going with a tropical theme. The pics below are of our "inspiration room"(from RMS). My hubby really likes the wall color and thinks we should go for it, but I'm thinking we should tone it down a bit and go with a softer, sage green. 

Below is the bedroom suite we have coming next week, so gotta start painting this weekend! The set is cherry so I think lighter walls would make it stand out more...

Any thoughts or other color suggestions?? Thanks, ladies!

Ok so room's painted, furniture is what?!? lol. I started this project and then quicky realized I'm lacking the decorating gene, so I need lots of help!

here's what I've got so far :

As you can see I did end up going with a lighter green, which I'm glad I did becase the furniture is darker than I remember from the store. It looks a little washed out in the pics, but it's pretty close to the other room.

I have those leaf sconces coming(the ones from the inspiration pic) this week but I'm not sure where to put them, and I just ordered a similar lamp for the nightstand. What else do I need, specifically on the walls? Ideas for over the bed? And that empty wall you can kinda see in the mirror in the last pic...what should I do there? Should I hang curtains on that window behind the dresser or just leave it?

Oh, and I've been looking around for bedding. I was thinking about keeping the white and just doing throw pillows similar to the inspiration room ones. I saw a few palm tree sets that were white/sage green but I wasn't sure how that would look?

HELP!! :-)

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I like the green color. You could also do a yellow, peach or blue. I would stick with the green color. Very fresh

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Lilypie Date is set Ticker
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I like the green, but I like bold colors.  We have the light and dark sage green in our dining room.  Yellow (mustardy) is our accent color along with some red.  Our bedroom is a light lavender (DH friends are like what? when he tells them but then they see it and they like it--everything else is black and white so it isn't that girly).

Jess~Mommy to 3 girls

Ella Delaney    Emily Gracyn  Ensly Reagan

by New Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Oh my goodness I love the inspiration room. I'd do it just like that.  you rock

by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM

First of all I love the inspiration room! In fact thats what I'm wanting to do for my master. I can say though I wouldn't go that bold with the green. We had moved into my husbands Grandfathers house years ago and the master was that bright green. Gave us sooo many headaches...literally. I would go for a calmer tint of it:) Love to see your pics when finished!

by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I agree, I would def. do a calmer shade of green.  It looks great in pics but you want your BR to be relaxing. post pics when youre done !

by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Thanks, ladies! I *think* we found our color. I'll be back with an update when we get it all painted!

by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Bumping for update

by Member on Jan. 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Im a huge picture person. Over the bed, I would get a big print done of you and hubby. Pick your favorite picture of you guys, blow it up and put it in a nice frame. I like your avatar pic also and it would fit right in with the tropical theme!!

by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM

The green turned out beautifully!!!  Have you tried the armoire in the corner where the chair is now, and the dresser on the wall at the end of the bed??? You could then move the chair to the corner by the bed or loose it altogether??? That would open up the window, and yes, I would hang some panels then for a cozy sophisticated look.

As for art, I'm a big fan of fabric stapled on canvas...look at the red tags upholstery fabrics at joanns...for a 16x20 canvas you would only need 1/2 a yard of each fabric, and they sell their red tag fabrics for $7/yd and under!

by Member on Jan. 9, 2009 at 1:25 PM

I love ur furniture and the wall colour! Are u willing to change the setting a bit? I would moce the big chest in the corner where ur chair'll look nice at an angle! and move ur  dressing table on that wall...this way ur window will be open and u cud add curtains...just 2 panels can make  a huge diff!

Try that and u might need much less stuff on the walls...The scones could go on the sides of ur dressing table mirrr wall...HTH!

in loveice creamboy on a swing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)