Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crafty mommas I need you! Laminate floors and the dog. . . .

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

We just put new laminate wood floors in our bedroom, and the King beagle is sliding everywhere.  He's ok except for trying to jump up on the bed, SO I bought two little rugs for either side of the bed, BUT the rugs slip too when he tries to jump on the bed.  So my question. . . . does anyone know if there is some kind of non slip backing I can buy to put on the underside of the rugs?  Ugh, I'm trying to avoid having to go out and buy two more rugs!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wickedfiress
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Look at walmart, they have a couple different products. A double sided tape like thing, and sheets of that stuff like shelf liner that you can cut to size and place underneath. I have used both and the tape works better. It didn't mark my floors, but I don't know what it would do to laminate.

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
mrsgibbs
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM

i've not tried the double tape, but i have tried the shelf liner and you can cut to size and then put both pcs down and it won't slide..i have them on my hardwood floors. now you can buy something specifically for that problem, but those things are VERY EXPENSIVE...starting @ 25.back there w/ thr rugs @ walmart.now that may not be much for some folk but i have a problem w/ that..lol..

Sersokhi
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM

My italian greyhound does the same thing. Except she can't walk on the laminate! She busts her butt all over the place. My laminate is in my living room though.

I plan on getting a bigger rug and getting that non-slip liner that goes under them. I'm sure walmart, kmart, target have them.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Gender Prediction

Get your own gender prediction!

beth1281
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Do you know which department those would be in?  I'm guessing linens?

Quoting wickedfiress:

Look at walmart, they have a couple different products. A double sided tape like thing, and sheets of that stuff like shelf liner that you can cut to size and place underneath. I have used both and the tape works better. It didn't mark my floors, but I don't know what it would do to laminate.

wickedfiress
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Quoting beth1281:

Do you know which department those would be in?  I'm guessing linens?

Quoting wickedfiress:

by the throw rugs.

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
Jodanro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:53 AM

This subject makes me laugh.  I also have a beagle.  Her name is Missy.  She is 2 1/2.  We have laminate in the kitchen.  My son thinks it's hilarious to throw her ball in there and watch her try to run.  Poor thing just can't get any traction!  It's like she's running in place.  She doesn't have any trouble just walking normally in there, though.  Only when she runs.  I only have one braided rug in front of the sink.  She occasionally will slide it around a bit, but I just push it back in place.  I have used the stuff that's like shelf liners, though.  It works, but I would think the tape would work better for your problem.

Thanks for the chuckle  :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)