Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stuck on my son's Wall-e bedroom

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:55 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 415 Total Views

I have just switched my sons room from jungle animals to wall-e. I have some great idea's for picture frames and curtains, but I am looking for a shelf idea. I want to do something a little different but I'm not sure what to do. I saw a cool idea where a woman made shelves out of skateboards, and I want something neat like that too, but more wall-e like. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

-Cassie

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lissette3
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Aww, can't wait to see some pics, my 2 1/2 yr old daughter loves Wall-e! To answer your ?, I'm thinking you can do something w/ parts, I have to actually see the movie again, but like at the beginning, where he's in the junkyard, kind of like those parts, maybe you can get ideas from the movie & make something yourself. Could be cool.

tuesday28
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Take a trip to a junk yard and get some ideas from there. Anything can be spray painted over to look cleaner and neater

Mitahoffman
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 3:46 PM

WHat if you made some boxes that looked like the cube things of garbage that he compacts? You could either place things on top of them, make a couple rows of them like shelves, or oyu could make the middle of them hollow and put stuff inside.

wickedfiress
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 4:44 PM

What is Wall-e?

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
SherryQ34
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 9:01 PM

If your looking for different then go to uppercase living and see if there's anything you like there. We have some great children stuff.

http://sherryq.uppercaseliving.net

kristyann40
by Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 11:56 PM

You could use milk crates and spray paint them silver.

meganhead
by Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 11:57 PM

That's what I was going to say!  :)

Quoting kristyann40:

You could use milk crates and spray paint them silver.

jandjmama
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM

For shelves, you could do grids of varying sizes of cubbies like what Wall E puts all his treasures into--he has everything organized and categorized!  Perfect for a kid's room where it's great to have a dedicated spot for each toy.  I'd look for square/rectangular containers of all sizes, then bolt them together in interesting arrangements and bolt the whole thing upright on a wall.  Bet you could find everything you need at Home Depot/Lowe's and not spend much.  I'm thinking of galvanized metal window boxes--think I saw some in one of the ads this wk.  Some mini, some med, some lg...

Great kids' rm idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)