Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Painting Vinyl Wallpaper???

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:14 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 165 Total Views

Okay, I need some help.  I want to paint my son's room and the new baby's room but I have a problem.  We live in a trailer and the walls are covered in a vinyl wallpaper textured stuff.  Its a neutral color and its pretty smooth, but its vinyl (I think..) and I don't know if paint will stick to it and stay on there.  Any advice or have any others painted on this before.  Any tips or pointer are apprieciated!!  Thanks!

in love

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sersokhi
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Ugh, don't those walls suck? It just screams "trailer" I hate mine. Mine are smooth and slightly shiny? I hate them.

My mom's had some that was textured but didnt have that weird slickness to it. I heard you can paint that kind.

I haven't painted anything but the bathroom, but I had to do a waterproof in there so it's staying but it can actually peel off the wall? I dunno.

I've heard if you do one coat it works, but when you start doing more it gets to heavy? Not sure.

:( Sorry if I am no help.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Gender Prediction

Get your own gender prediction!

Jodanro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I think you can paint that, but you have to use a paint specifically made to adhere to it.  Go to a paint store.  Somewhere like Home Depot - Lowe's - Menards - Sherwin Williams.  Tell them what you have and they can direct you toward the right product.  Definitely do not try to use regular latex.  It won't stay on.   Good Luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)