Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do I Make My Ceiling Look Higher

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 335 Total Views

I live in a mobile home, which has a sloped ceiling.  On the interior wall, the ceilings are 9 feet high, but on the outer wall they're only 7 feet high.

I hang my curtains as high as possible.  Are there any other tricks to make the ceilings look higher?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wickedfiress
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Paint them the same color as the walls. That way its harder to see where the wall ends and the ceiling begins.

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
TruckerFamily07
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Another trick is to paint the ceiling a light (er) color than your walls. This tip was given to me specifically from a professional designer. Good luck!

sparkyco2
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:23 AM

someone once told me to extend the paint color of the walls onto the ceiling about 6 inches to 1 foot or whatever your prefernce is, this gives the illusion of the walls being taller than they actually are and therefore the ceiling higher.

carrie_grace
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:08 PM

another trick is to paint your cieling a white with a tinge of blue in it... it helps opn up a space

lgroves
by Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 2:18 PM

You can do a classy vertical stripe on the walls.  Vertical increases wall height and horizontal increases room width. 

This one is of a girl's room:
Allie's Stripes by Allie Marie

These stripes are more muted.  Don't like the color, but I like the idea:
Upstairs bathroom (mine) by kimhas6cats

I love this one:
Bedroom by Kate Hoffman

old-house2.jpg old house image by kayokayoCentury Old Homes
Do you like old houses?  Do you happen to live in one?  Join the group!  It's a place to share pictures, tell stories about renovations, and get ideas for your home.  Just click on the house:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)