• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dilemma

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:14 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 7827 Total Views

So here is my room lay out:

As of right now, the bed is in front of the window beside the bath room door. Its horrid because i can't have a headboard, and it blocks the only vent in the room which keeps it really cold. ON the wall between the entry way and the closet door is the computer desk and where the 32 inch flat screen will be going (?) the computer will be moved and the desk will be replaced by a desk that was my great grandfathers desk that he got from Ireland that i absolutely love! The room is brown and blue which i had an inspiration for that i got from hgtv but it looks nothing like it, its not romantic or anything like i expected it to be, and i'm so over the brown and blue! It looks like a teenagers room! This bedding is what i really really want:

right now we have this brown microfiber comforter set that we both hate its so boring and plain! But what goes with this comforter? Should i do a black and white room? I love black and white but i'm not sure how to paint the room lol, nor how to arrange it so it looks good and i get my window and vent back! Any suggestions would be great! Thanks gals

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wickedfiress
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:26 AM

I would change the layout to something like this.

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
jeepinmommaof2
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

I would change the layout to something like this.

I really do love that! The only thing is if i put the bed on the wall where you have it i only have room for one night stand, since the wall is so small! And the dresser that you have beside the closet wouldn't fit because you wouldn't be able to open the closet door! I was thinking about doing away with night stands and building a shelf that goes over top of the bed it looks like this:

Since we have built-ins in our closet there really is no need for dressers in the room since i have a place to put everything, but where you have a mirrored dresser i could go with a nice antique piece with a mirror. I searched for black and white bedrooms and didn't find any, i'm wondering if anyone has done it before lol... thanks so much you gave me a lot to think about!

carrie_grace
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM

this warm buttery beige looks great wit bedding in a similar color palette to your bedding.

I love this paint color!  Wall Paint: Ralph Lauren Metallics Ambassador Stirling... Ceiling Paint: Ralph Lauren Cool Grey...

that could be nice...

or a taupe color  on the wall looks nice try Oyster Shell by olympic paints... i have it in my iving room... it is like a hug... cozy yet sophisticated!

adopt4
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Can you add the rough sizes of your furniture in there?  Remember not everything has to be square on the walls, either.  What if you put your bed across the corner, between the two windows, and get a light headboard that has lots of holes in it for air, I mean like a lattice work or just whadyacallem mission style?  Then the tv where you said would work and you can see it from the bed if you put it on a mounting thing.  Your dresser could go between the entry and closet, and you would probably have room for nightstands.

I may not be able to change the world, but I can change the world for one child.  http://www.iloveadoption.blogspot.com

kraus0526
by Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I would think a black and white bedroom would be awsome! I would add gray in it though. I like this picture, i would add black to the bed though. maybe this could help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)