Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slipcover Help

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

Hey Ladies!  We are getting ready to move into a much bigger home that will have a Family Room and a Living Room.  In an effort to save money, we have decided to keep our current furniture and put slip covers over it to put in our Living Room.  I've never done slip covers before, so I was looking for any advice from anyone that has.  Also, I'm curious because the couch has two "back" cushions, will that affect the slip cover at all?  Here's a pic of my sofa, the loveseat is from the same set.  Thanks for your help!

Photobucket

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wickedfiress
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:02 AM

They have TONS of different kinds of slip covers.

I like the function of these best:

To me they are just easier to deal with.

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
cacountryangel
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:45 AM

yelp they have all kinds of ideals for slip covers!!! i'm getting my mils old live'nroom set!! i'm going to slip cover them!!!

aurorabunny
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Just my 2 cents and if you have SUPER comfy furniture that you just love than ignore me, but before we bought new furniture I was dead set on slipcovers....I learned that it seems you could buy a pretty much brand new set of furniture, at least on Craigslist or at a store on sale for what you'll end up paying for nice quality slipcovers that actually stay put.  So many of them don't!  I've heard good things about Surefit though.

carrie_grace
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM

may i recommend the stretch fit slip covers?  my sil did this nasty recliner she inherited and it looks awesome and stays put!! they fit odd shaped funiture better than the others.

JBrummer
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I'm about to buy some for my sofa and chair and I have been looking on ebay.  You can find the surefit and pottery barn slipcovers on there relatively inexpensively.  Just make sure the seller has a return policy... that's my big thing because you're just never sure how they will fit or how you will like them. 

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination
InkedVixen
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Quoting wickedfiress:

They have TONS of different kinds of slip covers.

I like the function of these best:

To me they are just easier to deal with.

I have this exact slip cover, but in black. It is a pain to get just right, but so worth it in my opinion. We got our couch for free off craigslist when we moved in here (we moved from Illinois to Texas and couldn't afford to bring everything with). I had bought the slipcover for $90 years before and am so glad I kept it...lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)