• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here I go getting my hopes up again... should we put a bid on this house?(UPDATED!)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:43 AM
  • 42 Replies
  • 1132 Total Views

K. We found another house we liked and I wanted your opinions. I LOVE it! I just don't understand how it is in our price range. It makes me wonder. Well here are some pics. I don't have some of all the rooms.  It is a 2 bedroom 2 bath. Living room, game room (which can be converted into a 3rd bedroom), nice sized kitchen, deck, two car garage, huge master closet, nice sized master bath, laundry room and a storage shed. It is also on the lake. The yard does need some work though.Major work. Yes, I'm getting my hopes up again but I don't care! If I get dissapointed it won't matter that's just how my life works! lol It just seems to good to be true.

1/26/09

Well, we put in an offer, the seller counter offered, and we settled on $72,500! YAY! We have all the paperwork done, now we just have to wait to see how the appraisal goes. Please keep your fingers crossed for us! I have seriously gotten my hopes up big time!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pam228
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:47 AM

it has so much potential! i would have alot of fun with that yard! you have nothing to loose,so of course,put a bid on it.

theQueenB
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I would go for it....its a great house....I love the fireplace and built ins!

melsiggy09.gif picture by mrsdomesticgoddess

Sherry543
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:56 AM

It looks great...go for it! I also  love the fireplace and built-ins! Good luck!

clove610
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I say go for it.  Just make sure you get a home inspection.  It is currently a Buyers Market.  You will find plenty of affordable homes in your price range.  If you can afford it, you can really enhance the potential of this home. GL

Cute Text by The Doll Palace / Click to edit

Lissette3
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:00 AM

You say you love it, so why not? If you don't you might regret it later! Looks nice, too. Already imagining you're cupcakes. Good Luck!!!

praying

briana_paige
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:02 AM

LOL! The first thing I did was check out the kitchen to see if i could see cupcakes in there! lol Just gotta paint those horribly dark cabinets, if we got it.

Quoting Lissette3:

You say you love it, so why not? If you don't you might regret it later! Looks nice, too. Already imagining you're cupcakes. Good Luck!!!

praying

Lissette3
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Quoting briana_paige:

LOL! The first thing I did was check out the kitchen to see if i could see cupcakes in there! lol Just gotta paint those horribly dark cabinets, if we got it.

Quoting Lissette3:

praying

I know I'm not the only one waiting to see what you do w/ your theme.

Jodanro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Oh my gosh, yes!!  If the inspection comes back good, than by all means go for it.  It has major potential, and actually doesn't look bad as is!  Even if there are some issues with inspection.  As the pp stated, it's a buyer's market right now.  Work it out and get the seller to take care of whatever.  There is always room for negotiation!! 

I love the built'ins in the one room, and your landscaping possibilites are endless with that yard!  Good luck :o)

briana_paige
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I also love the built-ins! There are little touches like that throughout the house! I think thats why I love it so much.

Quoting Jodanro:

Oh my gosh, yes!!  If the inspection comes back good, than by all means go for it.  It has major potential, and actually doesn't look bad as is!  Even if there are some issues with inspection.  As the pp stated, it's a buyer's market right now.  Work it out and get the seller to take care of whatever.  There is always room for negotiation!! 

I love the built'ins in the one room, and your landscaping possibilites are endless with that yard!  Good luck :o)

Bosslady0830
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I agree to bid BUT DEFINITLY have an inspection done. I say have an inspection done on any house you look to buy. It saved us a ton of cash in the long run by helping us NOT buy a money pit! lol. I hope you get it. Good luck!

Quoting clove610:

I say go for it.  Just make sure you get a home inspection.  It is currently a Buyers Market.  You will find plenty of affordable homes in your price range.  If you can afford it, you can really enhance the potential of this home. GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)