Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paint Color

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 265 Total Views

How do you decide what color to paint???? I want to start on my bedroom, hallway and bathroom. I want something that people will come in and say "wow, this looks really great!". I just don't know where to start.

Robin~!celebrity

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JoGibson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I use sherman williams paint selector guide.  I paid the $10 to download as many phtos as I would like and tried out different color schemes.

I am a

homeschooling       kitchen loving  child juggling 

pet  wrangling    herb growing       husband loving    book reading         domestic goddess.

Mommi229
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I tried a few of those online paint things too.

Then we went in the store and totally went in a different direction upon seeing the paint chips.

A good way for in-store is find a paint chip close to the color of your floor/carpet/accent colors and go from there.

momma_2_three
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Okay so heres how I did it.

We bought our house and it's covered in wallpaper. I needed insperation so I looked up colors and their meanings. Heres a website.

http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/color/a/symbolism.htm

Scroll down to the bottom and theres a huge list.

Anyhow I like greens and worked well because that is what I chose for my bedroom and it means restful.  So that may help. I like the idea the PP had of making sure it matches your flooring. While you can change accesories, the flooring is a bit more expensive.

Good luck and have fun!!

GOBryan
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I know what style I like and what colors match my style, so I can simply look at a wall and pretty much know what color it should be to compliment my furniture, style and design.

Not much help, sorry. I'd just go and get some paint samples from Home Depot since they're free. Take them back home and compare to your furniture and what they would look like on the walls.

OR..

Pick a color off of your furniture, a pillow, etc and use that as your inspiration piece. If you can, take it with you to the paint store so they can match it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)