• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can any one help me with my dining room? *New pictures*

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

OK I want to paint and redecorate my dining room.  It is perfectly square and I have no clue what to do in it.  My kitchen is black and white with black butterflies.  I have these two really pretty wrought iron butterflies in the dining room that my kids got me for my birthday that I want to leave in there.   I am looking for a look that says "Hi, How are you, kick off your shoes and stay a while" nothing too fancy or stuffy.

This is the view from the kitchen. 

This is the view from the living room.  I hate the carpet, it was pretty when we moved in 2 years ago. But between the kids and the pets it is ruined, so it will eventually be coming out and hard wood floors are going in.

Now, doing the walls Red to go with the glass on the butterflies is out of the question, DH hates the color red.  Also switching out the table set is not gonna happen (we got this for our first wedding anniversary and I refuse to give it up I love it).

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Riahsmom1
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I would get some nice curtains to replace the blinds, paint the walls a warmer tone, put a nice area rug under the table to ground the space, maybe a chandelier, uuummm and a nice centerpiece or table cloth for the table.  Good luck, it definitely has potential!!

biabugsmom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM

I love your table! Don't even think about replacing it!

As far as your carpet goes.... as we speak my dh is cleaning a doggy spot with our carpet cleaner that I bought at walmart for 60 bucks....if you loved your carpet, it might be a worthy investment...we got it when we got a puppy (and between kiddos and puppies - I know ;) ) 

Clear out any clutter and extra stuff you don't really need in there.  Then....

I'd paint your walls whatever warm color works with your kitchen decor and living room since they are connected, then get the fanciest curtains and rod you can afford for your window.  Last pick up some large piece (vase/ bowl etc. ) and place it on your table...think wrought iron, if you love your butterfly...and Big Lots has stuff to choose from.  I'd also add a few (3 is a decorators magic number) large 8x10 or bigger family photos and frame them in black frames (to match the butterfly iron) and that's it...

it's a transformation you could pull off in a weekend and for under 100 bucks!

good luck!

shewki
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:56 PM

i just redid mine...i like the walls 

and i also love your table!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)