Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ideas for a basement ceiling

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

HELP!!  I need ideas for a basement ceiling.  we have duct work so need to have it so it is somewhat accessible to get into.  I am searching for ideas other that dropped ceiling tile or drywall.  I have heard of metal panels being used but never seen any pictures of them....do you guys have ideas for me?  We did the walls bottom half painted sheetrock, and the top half in wood.  Thanks for any ideas ladies!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
biabugsmom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Think urban!

Many apartments in cities have exposed pipes and duct work. 

Use any exposed beams to attach lighting strips (there are soo many designs to choose from)

you can paint the ceilings white for added light and roominess feeling,

if contempary is not your style, you can still creat and urban feeling by keeping with

the black, white, silver/ stainless steel/ red (or any bright one other color ) for your

accent...

help4me
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM

yeah I kinda thought about that...wondered about painting it all white or all black.  any other ideas out there?

mommybgood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Check out ceilume ceiling tiles...they have drop in 2x2 panels, and nail up also I think....

Shelly

KittyD
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM

i would leave em exposed...i like it! don't they have some kind of material you can wrap it with? my churches hall has exposed everything one the ceiling and it looked like the pipes are wrapped tight with something to make em look nice... hhhm b4u

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

raven2
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM

A realtor came out to look at my house.  I'm in the same boat...need to do something with the ceiling.  She told me that many high end houses and even an interior designer are spray painting everything in the ceiling a dark color, including pipes, wires, conduit, duct work, etc.  She said dark green and black are popular.  I wonder what that looks like.  She said the stuff in the ceiling disappears without giving a claustrophobic feeling that a drop ceiling can.  Good luck.  Let us see the end project!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)