Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help! I have a new house to decorate and I don't know where to start!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 452 Total Views

Does anyone know of a good website that has a lot of pictures of decorated rooms? We are buying a new house that I want to redecorate, but I'm not very good at choosing colors and whatnot. If I see of picture of something I like I can start to brainstorm, but I have to SEE it first! Any help would be great! I like neutrals!

Daisypath Next Aniversary TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
briana_paige
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM

try hgtv. com. Of course, they have tons of pictures. Why not buy a few magazines also?

breegee
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM
GOBryan
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:26 PM

AMEN!!!  HGTV.COM is where I go to look for inspirational photos.  It's the decorator's bible.. lol..

You can also go to the library and get some decorating books or even pick up a few Better Homes and Garden magazines.

Quoting briana_paige:

try hgtv. com. Of course, they have tons of pictures. Why not buy a few magazines also?

meganhead
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Go to barnes and noble and buy the decorating magazine that applies to your taste.  Check out the magazine's website also.  I like Domino.

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:55 PM

HGTV is great.  You can also do a simple google or yahoo image search for pictures of rooms in whatever theme you have in mind.  You can also try Flickr.com for images as well.  I'm also in the same process.

Once you have the paint color settled, you can go to art.com for artwork ideas. You can preview by choosing a frame and even choose your wall color so that you can see if it will look good on your wall! Have fun!

aurorabunny
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:09 PM

My favorite place is http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)