Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Group...Looking for Craft Room Ideas

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 13624 Total Views

Hi ~ My name is Shannon and I am looking for craft room ideas.  I have a small room to work with and my main craft is scrapbooking.  Thanks so much for your ideas. 

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amaryllismom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I found the coolest scrapbook thing ever!  It's called the scrapbox but it is really pricey!!!  Look it up on the internet. 

mommytobrooke
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM

We went to Home Depot and bought a slab of already cut counter top and my husband installed it. It is perfect for scrapbooking! Here is a picture of when I just got the counter top. I now have photos on the shelves and a cart that I got at JoAnns that holds 12x12 paper.

breegee
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:57 PM

katie with paper storagebored of toolspaint dollystamp filing systemcanister  of buttonspaper and boxes vingettemagnetic stamps<-magnetic boardbutton in scalehole punchers on wallrollidex of puncherspaper organizerscraft caddylisa-brown-scrap-room1.jpgstamp binderribbon storagestamp displaydrawer of toolsribbon organizerspice containors with buttons

spice containors with buttonsdrawer of toolslisa-brown-scrap-room2.jpglisa-brown-scrap-room3.jpg

• Magnets - I have a wonderful magnet board next to my desk, but the office supply store only offered magnets in red, yellow, blue and green-colors that were NOT a part of my color scheme. Instead, I bought a roll of magnet tape at a craft store and went looking through my embellishments to find fun magnet decorators. The picture pebbles I've had for a while were just what I needed. Did you know that the KI Memories circle tags fit perfectly underneath them? Add a magnet and you've got a great looking (and functional) decoration. (Buttons with a flat back also make great magnets.)

• Photo Cubes - I bought clear plastic photo cubes to use as decorations in my new office. However, instead of using photos to fill each side, I chose different patterned papers that matched my color scheme and filled each side with patterns. It was a fun way to add an accent color to the room!

• Lamps - Technically, I suppose ribbon and corded trim were added to scrapbooking after they were already decorative craft item, but since they came out of my scrapbooking stash, I consider it a scrapbook supply decoration. I used black and pink ribbon as well as a black corded trim to spruce up some plain white lampshades.

• Photo Frames - Who says you have to have a pre-made photo mat for a frame? Why not use patterned paper and cardstock to mat your photograph within a frame? You can even get creative and add stamps or embellishments.

Store Your Supplies in Style

BooBooKitty100
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

wow, those are great rooms !

paytons_mommy
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Thank you so much...those are great!

breegee
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:51 PM

:)

Your welcome! I hope you post pictures when you are done!

moma.BEAR
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Thank you to the Momma that posted all the pics. I am working on my room right now.

MedicMommyAnne
by Member on Aug. 21, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Quoting breegee:

I want this one ! ! ! !

tess-n-co
by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM

are you ready for the most fabulous craft room you've ever seen?!?!?

http://karenrussell.typepad.com/my_lifejust_not_on_the_ro/2009/08/the-scrapbook-roomoffice.html

i've been dreaming about it for a few days now.   ENJOY!

DogsMom
by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I have been working on my craft room also,  but after seeing all the wonderful suggestions I am stopping and rethinking what I really really want.  I also found scrap counter top at Menards  (super cheap!) and was going to place it over a great wooden file cabinet I got on freecycle, but  now I need to dream bigger!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)