Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pantry question. updated with yet another question about cabinets!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:12 PM
  • 42 Replies
  • 915 Total Views

Ok as many of you know, we are trying to buy a house. I know this is getting my hopes up but the appraisal is going to be this week and I just want to be prepared in case we do get it. Well the kitchen has no pantry just cabinets. So I was wondering what kind of cabinet could I buy to use for a pantry. Any ideas welcome. I just know I will def. need this. Here is a pic of the kitchen.

Update 1/28/09

What color do yall think I should paint these cabinets if we do get the house? I am just brainstorming with what I would do with this house. I hope I'm not gettin my hopes up for nothing.  Also do you think I should paint the walls? Dont forget I'm doing a cupcake theme in my kitchen!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM

We bought a large white cabinet from Lowes to use as our pantry in our old house.  It had to go in the dining room though.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

Jodanro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I can't really see anyplace for you to put any type of cabinet to use as a pantry.  You have a lot of cabinet space in the kitchen, so you may not even need anything extra.  I'm sending good thoughts your way!!!  I do hope you get the house :o)   Good Luck!!!

briana_paige
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Well, I was thinking I could put it on the wall by by the bar on the other side of the window not by the fridge. I know there isn't much space for one but I keep an extremely well stocked pantry. I only go grocery shopping once a month so the cabinets wouldn't be enough room for all that food. Thanks for the good luck though! We really need it.

Quoting Jodanro:

I can't really see anyplace for you to put any type of cabinet to use as a pantry.  You have a lot of cabinet space in the kitchen, so you may not even need anything extra.  I'm sending good thoughts your way!!!  I do hope you get the house :o)   Good Luck!!!

auntietotty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM

That was my first thought...on the other side of the bar...or the other side of the window. Im sure one of those tall cabinets would work well there! I know if I didnt have a pantry, Id sure have one!

Good luck on the house! Wishing good thoughts!

Texasgal99
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:55 PM

You could maybe put something by the window, but I think it would close off the kitchen. Is there a utility room where you could put in a cabinet unit and then use one of the kitchen cabinets for stuff  you need that week? We have no room in our kitchen for a cabinet and I use one of the larger cabinets in the kitchen for all of my pantry items. If there are bigger things I keep them in the utility room and just bring out what I need.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
briana_paige
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Yeah, I was worried about that. The utility room doesn't have room for one. I already considered that. I was thinking if a cabinet didn't work in the kitchen I could get some shelving for the garage. But I don't know if the heat or the cold would effect the food.

Quoting Texasgal99:

You could maybe put something by the window, but I think it would close off the kitchen. Is there a utility room where you could put in a cabinet unit and then use one of the kitchen cabinets for stuff  you need that week? We have no room in our kitchen for a cabinet and I use one of the larger cabinets in the kitchen for all of my pantry items. If there are bigger things I keep them in the utility room and just bring out what I need.

carrie_grace
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:35 PM

this is at kmart.com

these are at target

or something as simple as this

it's 50.00 at target

just a few ideas...

briana_paige
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I love those! Thank you so much!

Quoting carrie_grace:

this is at kmart.com

these are at target

or something as simple as this

it's 50.00 at target

just a few ideas...

ImLunaEnchanted
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:44 PM

http://www.brylanehome.com/decor/Four-Door-Pantry.aspx?PfId=122419&DeptId=15220&producttypeid=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

coffee

wife/mother/grown children/pro-vax/pro-woman/pro-child/pro-choice/happy/athiest/democrat/frugal/penny piniching/antique loving/book worm/living my dream life.

briana_paige
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:47 PM

That is absolutely perfect. I am so thankful!

Quoting ImLunaEnchanted:

http://www.brylanehome.com/decor/Four-Door-Pantry.aspx?PfId=122419&DeptId=15220&producttypeid=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)