Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bathroom color ?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 334 Total Views

Hi, I'm Jen and have been a lurker here for about a year now. I recently bought a and repo home and need some advice on color for the master bathroom. I was thinking about doing a dark tanish brown color but am not sure if it would look good. The room has 3 windows and a sky light, so I think it could handle a darker color, but I'm looking for some ideas. Thanks again ladies!

PS: I love the spa kind of feel for a master bath. We will be retileing the floor and bathtub soon, and I think we are doing more of a neutral tile/stone.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Texasgal99
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I would do a neutral cream or light brown and accent it with teal and chocolate towels and accessories throughout. That would really give it a spa feel.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
GOBryan
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:54 PM

The above is my master in a silver/grey tones and the one below is our 3rd bathroom cocoa tone.

Don't know if they'll help in the idea dept but posted them in case they can be of any help.  

carrie_grace
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Friskey85
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:42 PM

ok the first color that came to my mind was  chocolate

GOBryan
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Carrie Grace, you have the same bowls I have which I hate because I find them hard to keep clean since water spills on both sides and leaves water stains. 

What do you think of your bowls and do you use anything special to clean them??

BooBooKitty100
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:02 AM

My glass bowls are hard to keep clean too, but I like them.........

I think the blue color is spa like and calming.....

mommybgood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Carrie...are these all YOUR bathrooms??? they are stunning....I have SO MANY QUESTIONS if they are!!!!

Shelly

Quoting carrie_grace:

wickedfiress
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Let me just start by saying that I'm very jealous of your bathroom! :)

I think a darker beige would look great. I too would pop it with oceany tones. Aquas, Turquoise, etc. Even a few bright spurts of a sunny yellow, here and there, with the ocean tones would look good.

I like this art work:

and this vase/bowl/pottery thingy:

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
jferrose
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Thanks for all the input. I hope that my bathroom can someday look like those that you guys posted, they are awesome! Thanks again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)