Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

boy/girl toddler bedroom

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:13 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 435 Total Views

Due to some remodeling it looks like my kids are going to be sharing a room as soon as the baby is out of his crib.  Any ideas on how to decorate cute that will work for both a boy and girl?

I am a proud Army wife and college educated SAHM who believes in: co -sleeping, non CIO, baby wearing, EBFing until self weaning, delayed solids, cloth diapering and vaxing on schedule....I AM AN ATTACHED PARENT!!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kraus0526
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

how old are they? I don't know what kind of theme your looking for so here's a few ideas...

Princess and prince? this is from ababy.com

Brianneb79
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I don't know what your kids are into but this site gives some good ideas .... http://kidsthemebedrooms.com/shared-bedrooms/decorating-shared-bedrooms-for-boys-and-girls.html

wickedfiress
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM

If you keep the colors and patterns simple it's easier. Then in each ones individual area you can spice it up for just 'him' and just 'her'.

The blue and brown and brown and pink decor that is extrememly easy to find would work well together.

this stuff is from Target

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
kraus0526
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM

this is from Walmart

From Bed Bath and Beyond

kraus0526
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:35 PM

mommybgood
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 11:38 PM

When my son and daughter shared a room they had a nautical theme..just so happens I posted all their nautical decor on Craigslist tonight...

Shelly

MammaHota
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 12:11 AM
my cousin has a boy and a girl and they shared a room for 3 years (from ages 1 & 2 - 4 & 5) she did their room in a farm theme and it was ADORABLE. she painted the walls half blue, half green, but made it look like hills and the sky. then she painted their closet to look like a big red barn. she lives in texas, so it was absolutely adorable. she had their beds done in denim, and bought hawaiian skirts to put as their bedskirts and it looked like hay! it was such an original idea, and i loved it! it was such a cool way to pull a girl & boys bedroom together without doing pastels or something. she also did it for pretty cheap. the most expensive thing was the paint. other than that, she made the comforters and curtains (cow print)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)