Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a new house too! Image Heavy!!!! ;)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 672 Total Views

Ok We actually got the house on Feb 2nd. I have not been to the house yet. My husband is down there already. He wanted to get us a house before my girls and I came down there, and have at least our furniture where it should be. He is coming to Tn (our 2 daughters and I are at my parents house) on the 21st. I don't know how soon we will leave once he gets here but I am guess no more than 2-3 days. It's going to be a long trip. It is an 11 hr drive without stops. We are both going to be driving. I ended up with a lot of stuff including my grandmothers antique dinning room table and chairs. We think we need a u-haul. I am hoping we won't need a truck. It would be nice if our stuff will fit in a trailer so we an take turns driving! And of course with 2 small kids we will have to make a lot of stops unless we can do most the driving at night while they sleep.

He has already started painting but the only pictures I have the realtor took while the last family living there was still there. So, none of the stuff in the house is mine nor the dog lol. I will show new pictures once we get it painted and all (or at least most) boxes unpacked. The house is only 3 years old and it is our first house. We will only be there 2-3 years but we hope to update as much as we can while we are there. The yard really needs work. Here are the pictures....... 

I don't have a picture of the back of the house.

Living Room.

Their furniture doesn't go together lol. The kitchen, living room, and dinning room are all open to each other. I am not sure I like that but hey it's not like this is where we are staying forever right?

Kitchen.

Laundry Room.

OMG I have a laundry room! No more looking at it in my kitchen like we did at our last place. Ken (DH) said he bought us a washer and dryer that are blue. We only have blue in our bedroom and bathroom not in the kitchen. Men! Good Grief!

Master Bedroom.

I don't know why they took such poor pics of the bedrooms.

Master Bath.

I really don't like that shelf. I like having a shelf even though they aren't really in anymore.... but that one is ulgy in my opinion.

Lana's and Mia's rooms not sure which is which yet lol.

The Guest Bathroom.

Which I will be decorating for my daughters. They will be using it the most after all lol. The only guest that ever stay will be family and they really don't care what it looks like as long as it works lol. There is a shower/tub in there. Again I didn't take these pics.

The office.

Why she only took a pic of the closets I have no idea but all the other bedrooms have walk in closets.

The 2 car garage. I know nothing special here but I haven't had one before!

So what do you think? It needs lots of work but I think it's nice for our first house! I will need help with a lot of things from you all once we get it painted and unpacked. I have next to nothing to go on the walls now. I got carried away buying new things and changed the colors in all of the rooms lol.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennmarie77
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Terrific new house.  I love having a blank slate to work with especially when it comes to gardening =)

Are you a Christian Mom looking to discuss modern day issues with a Christian persepective? 

Join us at the roundtable, where no issue or topic is off the table. 

Jodanro
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM

It looks great to me.  Congratulations!!  I think you will come to love the open floor plan.  You can be in the kitchen and see your little ones pretty much where ever they are.  The backyard looks great for kids.  Flat and with a privacy fence.  Looks like most of what you will have to do is cosmetic.  You are very lucky to have such a nice home for your first place. 

Good luck.  Can't wait to see your progress.

Brianneb79
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I hope I can make it look nice. The only gardening I have ever done was with my mom. I didn't really pay attention. I was just her extra hands when she needed them. I need to find plants that take care of themselves for the most part. I won't have time to tend to it often. I also need to find non-poisonous plants that my girls can pick the flowers. I know I won't have any flowers left if they aren't pick-able lol. Plus I am from TN. I am going to have to learn what can be done in a different zone. I think it's right on the border of zones 8 and 9.

Quoting jennmarie77:

Terrific new house.  I love having a blank slate to work with especially when it comes to gardening =)

Brianneb79
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Thank you! Maybe I will like it more after I get used to it. I have never lived in a house where the kitchen was open like that. I have lived in a house with my parents when I was in jr high that the living room and dining room were open like that. I didn't mind it. Who knows lol.

Quoting Jodanro:

It looks great to me.  Congratulations!!  I think you will come to love the open floor plan.  You can be in the kitchen and see your little ones pretty much where ever they are.  The backyard looks great for kids.  Flat and with a privacy fence.  Looks like most of what you will have to do is cosmetic.  You are very lucky to have such a nice home for your first place. 

Good luck.  Can't wait to see your progress.

sophiesmom07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Congratulations!  Your new house is really nice and so spacious!  Enjoy it!

Brianneb79
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Thank you!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Congratulations!  Your new house is really nice and so spacious!  Enjoy it!

wickedfiress
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Congrats on the house!

Is he stationed at Fort Polk? jw

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
Brianneb79
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Thank you!

Yes he is. He has been there since Jan 6th. The house is actually in DeRidder though. We were in Ft. Shafter, HI before he went to Warrant School. I am from Tn. I grew up just miles from Ft. Campbell. I am at my parents house now.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Congrats on the house!

Is he stationed at Fort Polk? jw

wickedfiress
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I figured. When you said you would only be there for 2-3 years "Military" came to mind, LOL

~It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.~
dee3601
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Congrats!  Your house looks great.  I bet your little girls will love that huge backyard.  Have fun! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)