Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Have a Meditation or Feng Shui Room?? Pics Included.. need ideas.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

I'm finally getting one since one of the kids have flown the coop to grandma's house and I was able to move that bedroom set into my son's room for his big boy bedroom.

I have a red futon, One of those colapsible closets and an antique dresser, etc..

I bought two meditation pillows and have a round area rug in the center.. I also have a fountain but am in need of ideas.

The wall behind the futon and dresser will be painted cobalt dark blue.  I'm hiding a tv which will not be in that room either.

Give me ideas and if you have pics.. that would be helpful too..

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mumimumi
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Wondering what you are planning to do with the room? Is it sort of a sitting room, to relax & meditate? I love decorating to "feng shui" principles, but I don't have a "feng shui" room. For example, in my sitting room, I have pillows similar to yours, but they are set on a sofa/loveseat. I have candles set in a big round dish-like candle holder with sand around them. You can draw patterns on the sand.... Maybe windchimes outside window...curtain to soften it. You can also frame some similar fabrics that you use on the pillows from the sofa or curtains to pull it together. Jsut some random thoughts..
GOBryan
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for the ideas.  Yes, it's for meditation and it'll also be a spare bedroom when we have out of town guests.

I eventually plan on getting a small flatpanel tv for the room. It's a basement room so don't know how chimes would work outside..

I do have a sand garden that I can bring into the room and two walls will be a cobalt midnight blue. Meditation music and candles will be a part of it as well.

I need to shampoo the futon but maybe a more soothing color may work and some pillows.

I'm also think a shelf would be good for my items.  That window will have the midnight blue color so what would be a good color for drapes??

Quoting mumimumi:

Wondering what you are planning to do with the room? Is it sort of a sitting room, to relax & meditate? I love decorating to "feng shui" principles, but I don't have a "feng shui" room. For example, in my sitting room, I have pillows similar to yours, but they are set on a sofa/loveseat. I have candles set in a big round dish-like candle holder with sand around them. You can draw patterns on the sand.... Maybe windchimes outside window...curtain to soften it. You can also frame some similar fabrics that you use on the pillows from the sofa or curtains to pull it together. Jsut some random thoughts..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)