• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BLAH Kitchen...HELP

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 356 Total Views

The colors on my kitchen walls are so boring they could make ANYONE go to sleep...every my toddlers!  PLEASE give me some suggestions.  I'm not good at any of this. frustrated

Here are pics of the tile, color of cabinets and color of fireplace that are in my kitchen.

(Also, my kitchen table is pretty close in color to the cabinets and the space is HUGE so there is also a beige colored couch in the room as well)

Thanks so much ladies!

*~* Desiree *~*

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GOBryan
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM

It depends on how exciting you want to be. If you like bright colors, I'd love either BURNT ORANGE OR LIME in a kitchen.. especially if it's big, it'll make it pop..

If you want a more passive color, then I'd recommend SAGE or a nice YELLOW shade.  

jjibin
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I agree with the pp...a yellow or a sage are lovely in a kitchen. If your space is large a lime or a brighter yellow can really spice up ur kitchen! You can then add accessories to accent the colour on ur counters etc.  example if u paint a bright yellow, u could put red flowers in a blue vase on ur table! If you are truly willing to experiment u can paint ur cabinets a deep blue!

But painting the walls in a bright colour is a safe way to start!

in loveice creamboy on a swing

VikkiMarie21
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM

We're remodeling our first home right now, and we're painting sage green, for the country cottage feel.

Hi I am Vikki, stay at home Mama to Anthony & the other half to a wonderful fella named Chris.

in lovetoddler boy

honeyb3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I would go for a creamy yellow. It sounds like you have a large space, and I believe it would brighten everything up..yet not be too over powering. I would add the darker/brighter colors in my accessories. 

kittie1919104
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM

It depends on your style really, do you like traditional, serene, modern, there are a lot of different styles.  For color options, the ladies are right, brigher colors expand the room, and darker colors create the illision of it being smaller and/or more cozy. If it's narrow, a lighter color will widen it  I've heard of a lot of people avoiding the color yellow in a kitchen because it's an 'angry' color, not sure about it though.

decor42
by Head Admin on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:33 AM

SW Restrained Gold.  Not a true gold  and it works wonderfully with ANY color you put with it. I have used this color in many of the homes that I have decorated. It also works well with any style. A very warm and inviting color. Add colorful patterned pillows to the beige couch.  Take your accessory color que from the fabric chosen.

Group owner of Reality Decorating.
Making your house a home. Join me.
www.cafemom.com/group/30925
dez_mom
by Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

So many good options!!!  We choose something but I'm not telling....  hee hee hee!

Will be back next week with pics of the finished product.

Thanks for your help

*~* Desiree *~*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)