Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you all think about this??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 532 Total Views

Poll

Question: what do you think?

Options:

think it will look good

think it will look bad

Other because there always one

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

My kitchen is black and white and my dinning room is a work in progress.  I found this color in with the paints that where left by the previous owners.  It is almost the same color grey as the bucket, and I am thinking about painting the dining room this color.

This is looking into the kitchen from the dinning room (sorry about the mess)

this is looking into the dinning room from the kitchen.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
strongmom40
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Free paint, yea !! I would paint the bottom half of the dining with it. Do a boarder in the middle, black wooden boarder or a black & white paper design boarder. IMO that would pull it all together nicely.

bjarrett
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:26 AM

that looks like my bedroom color.  I got it at HomeDepot

Manhattan Mist.... 

Brandi in Missouri

kittie1919104
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 8:23 PM

I agree, black and grey look good together, especially with white as an accent color.

Quoting strongmom40:

Free paint, yea !! I would paint the bottom half of the dining with it. Do a boarder in the middle, black wooden boarder or a black & white paper design boarder. IMO that would pull it all together nicely.

kimsardo
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I like it. It will look nice with your kitchen. 

sharonrena
by Member on Apr. 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM

My kitchen and dining area is painted in a grey color.  My cabinets and crown molding are white and my countertops are black.  I have used an olive green color and red as my accent colors.  Good luck. 

DevinTexas78
by Member on Apr. 25, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Does not hurt to try..the paint was free :) I think it ill go???

MelyssaR
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I think it would go with the black/white theme great but don't think entirely gray walls would be good.  It could look industrial or rather blah or depressing to have all gray so I'd use it as an accent color or half with something else. 

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x298/melsblinkies/sigtags/melyssa/melyssa_sig.gif?t=1237436761

CO vegetarian homeschooling mama to Brenna, age 9

Pic_Chic
by on May. 12, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I like the grey and agree with some of the other ladies about it being a 1/2 wall color.  I think the black & white border would look wonderfull to tie it all in.  LOVE the kitchen too!!!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind, don't matter."

~Dr. Seuss~

Wannabemom2008
by Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Gray is this year's neutral colour so I am all for it. Perhaps you can paint your cabinets a different shade as the walls? The other colour that is in this year has a bit of a royal flavor-dark purple or something comparable to it. Either that or perhaps a bright yellow which would liven up the kitchen more. In any case, gray is this year's neutral, that much I know.  

Or on second thought lavender or light blue cabinets w/gray for the walls?? Or some shade of orange.

Dining Room Furniture

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)