Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Master decor help!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 338 Total Views

Okay so after doing what was in my head, my husband decided that he didn't like the room at all. So i mixed my own paint and redid the walls. This is what i have so far...

the base molding will be white i'm just waiting till we take it all out to install our hard wood floors.

To the left is the entry to the right is the walk in closet. I left this wall white to be different, and painted on the head board, since we both hate head boards and by the time we put one on we can't walk in the front of the bed! I am planning on doing molding around the head board though.

This is the wall that on the left is the master bath and on the right is the entry.

This is the wall infront of the bed. the curtains right now are green i am going to change them! I am also going to do this on the bottom of the walls...

The color is a light grey. I also want to get new bedding but i have no idea what colors to pick or what to do to make the walls so they are not so boring! I'm not a big girly girl i don't like flowery prints or anything...any one have any ideas??? Thanks!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I don't know about the bed being between two doors, it just seems odd and doesn't appear to flow right to me.. too busy in a spiritual way.. Anyhow, if that's where you want it, you're the one that needs to be happy with it..

Since you're going with gray and white AND you're not girly, then I would probably suggest a blue decor to match the gray..

bedroom, Bedside lamps

jeepinmommaof2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Quoting GOBryan:

I don't know about the bed being between two doors, it just seems odd and doesn't appear to flow right to me.. too busy in a spiritual way.. Anyhow, if that's where you want it, you're the one that needs to be happy with it..

Since you're going with gray and white AND you're not girly, then I would probably suggest a blue decor to match the gray..

bedroom, Bedside lamps

Well thats really the only place it can go. if its under the far window that blocks the closet and blocks the window, if its under the other window its blocking that and the heater vent and if its on the wall by the entry door is blocking that door, its only 12x13 room its SMALL!

GOBryan
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Quoting jeepinmommaof2:

Well thats really the only place it can go. if its under the far window that blocks the closet and blocks the window, if its under the other window its blocking that and the heater vent and if its on the wall by the entry door is blocking that door, its only 12x13 room its SMALL!

Hmm.. I guess the design of the room wasn't very well thoughout when they designed the house..

What's on the wall across from the footboard?  Is that where the built-in heater is??

I don't see a problem of it being under a window but you have to have room to open doors..

Of course, if the room is that small, you can always create pocket doors or even a slider for the closet, etc.. to offer you more room.

jeepinmommaof2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting jeepinmommaof2:

Hmm.. I guess the design of the room wasn't very well thoughout when they designed the house..

What's on the wall across from the footboard?  Is that where the built-in heater is??

I don't see a problem of it being under a window but you have to have room to open doors..

Of course, if the room is that small, you can always create pocket doors or even a slider for the closet, etc.. to offer you more room.

Yep they didn't think about the bedrooms, i have two huge living rooms a huge kitchen and both the bathrooms are big but the bedrooms the kid's are 11x11 and ours is 12x13!But of course the house was built in '74! I'm not too worried about where the bed is i like it that way since we've been use to it for 2 years now. I just don't know what colors to go with. We are totally over blue since the whole room was blue when we moved in even the molding and the windows etc.

momofne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I had to laugh. I went on rate my space for ideas and look there you were!! My suggestions would be something in the blue family, even possibly the aquas, maybe a dark red or something in that family (burgundy etc), you could even try a lavender or pink but that might be to girly.

P.S. I love what you did for the headboard BTY!

momofne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Oh I just found this website:

http://www.colorcombos.com/gray-color-schemes.html

It has a bunch of color schemes to use with grey!!

haroldswife
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I love burgundy with gray and you can throw some sage in there to mix it up.  It all looks very nice together.  Good luck.  I just finished our home office in gray and I love it.

PROUD TO BE A MILITARY WIFE AND MOM

jeepinmommaof2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Quoting momofne:

I had to laugh. I went on rate my space for ideas and look there you were!! My suggestions would be something in the blue family, even possibly the aquas, maybe a dark red or something in that family (burgundy etc), you could even try a lavender or pink but that might be to girly.

P.S. I love what you did for the headboard BTY!

lol i have to get some ideas? pretty crappy though no one comments to rate my space any more! I wonder why!? Thanks i love the headboard too!

jeepinmommaof2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I seen the color combo chart thanks! I seen black and white and got to thinking!

What about one of these beddings:

And throw these pillows in there for a pop of color:

and also get some red curtains??

And honestly i just thought about why the room looks so plain, cause we have no furniture in there! Also i want to put a big mirror in there too,

and these curtains:

and a chair like this in the corner by the two windows:

and maybe this on top of the painted on head board

am i getting anywhere?

momofne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I think that will look great! I like either comforter. I guess it'll have to depend on your hubby LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)