Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Between A Rock And A Bare Spot...IDEAS? (Check out these pics.)

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 431 Total Views
Hey, I garden a lot, But would love to get your ideas on landscaping this problem area. We just took out a HUGE cedar tree, some small rock and landscaping timbers. After we kill the poison ivy and stuff what would you do around the rock? Pics to follow. I have about $50 to spend on plants and an unlimited amount of limestone and sandstone to build a small rock fence or border. Thanks. Sandhill Sis

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sandhillsis
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM

We can't move that big rock...So what do you say?

www.reclaimsimplicity.com
starlight1968
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:00 AM

How about a little pond and or water fall?  My dh made one and it didn't cost very much..we used the rocks we found around the newly dug up neighborhood (we were on of the first houses on the block).  All you would need is the pump and "hose" parts really.

sandhillsis
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I love love love that idea. But it's not practical here in the middle of a wheat field in Kansas where the wind blows 20 mph all the time...filling your pond full of much and mire. :( I would love to have one, though, with coy fish and everything. Great idea, I just can't do it.

www.reclaimsimplicity.com
steponme
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:10 AM

What about a wishing well built with the stone and rock you have.  You can have the center be full of blue flowers to resemble water and the bucket can hold water with a slow drip to feed the flowers and then do some plantings around the well?  I think it would look great with what you have already there.

tattooGroup owner of Step-by-Step-Parenting...The other Step-Parenting group.

steponme
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Something like this but more ornate.  Or out of wood...or a combo of both.  I like the rock and I think a roof on it would be real nice.

tattooGroup owner of Step-by-Step-Parenting...The other Step-Parenting group.

dstoeck
by New Member on May. 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM

You could use that new bare spot as a little garden  spot. Mulch, various bushes, a little bench or two in the middle somewhere......

sandhillsis
by Member on May. 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Thanks for the ideas, gals.

I think I will head for a small shrub garden  with a small rock fence, a stone bench, and some edible berry bushes, with some tall grasses.

I'll post up when I'm done.

Blessings.

Sandhill Sis

Wannabemom2008
by Member on Jul. 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I would like to see what you have done to the area? Did you decide to create some type of rock garden? I was going to reply to this post with some pics of rock landscapes but then I see that it is a very old post. I would like to see what you have done. I was wondering how far away it is from your house too, and if it could be used as some type of social gathering or picnic spot.

Rattan Furniture

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)