Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ashley Furniture?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 398 Total Views

Has anyone out there purchased furniture from Ashley??  How was the quality?  Did you like it?  I went to a local Ashley store and found a lot of pieces I liked and am considering furnishing our new home with....give me some feedback!  :)

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmom611
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM

no ashley but i didnt get lazy boy and i love them!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/creech

PaPiLLioN8326
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I  used to sell Ashley bedroom furniture. We sold a lot of Ashleys bedroom suites because they were lower price but still looked really nice! The stuff we carried was more pressed wood(it still looks like wood though)than the other companies carried but you couldn't tell at all. I don't know how the rest of their furniture is but I personally really liked the bedroom stuff! I would definatley buy Ashley stuff for my house.

MommaTurbo
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:51 PM

We just got our Ashley couches yesterday! So far so good! lol! We got the Millenium line of leather (well actually, it's durablend, supposed to be tougher than normal leather) and i hear it's a little better quality that the normal Ashley. It's really comfy, and thats what i was most concerned about. I HATE uncomfortable couches, naturally! My friend bought a set of Ashley couches a few years back, and she says they are losing their puffiness. Not so comfy any more, but i never thought hers were comfy to begin with! lol!

One tip, we searched about a 150 mile radius for furniture this time and EVERYwhere carries Ashley. The actual Ashely stores were the most expensive. Most smaller furniture stores are willing to bargain with you and beat anyone elses price. We got our couch and love seat for $1000 out the door, when it was $1300 up the street, and almost $2000 at the Ashley store!

JBrummer
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:16 PM

We have a bedroom set, a dining room set and a couch.  I love our stuff, the only thing is the finish on the dining room table has not held up very well.  I am looking for a new set. 

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination
mom2blazenace
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM

My bedroom suite and sectional are both Ashley.. I have had them over two years and love them both.  I will be going there to furnish my new home as well. 

drdarcmom
by on May. 26, 2009 at 9:14 AM

We got our dining room set there over 7 years ago.  It is super heavy - very solid.  It has held up very well.  And....we do use it several times a year, and I scrapbook on it at least once a month with friends.  So, it's not a room that doesn't get use in our house. 

faery33
by New Member on May. 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM

We bought the boys bedroom furniture from Ashley (bunks and dresser).  It took over a month to get the thing delivered and when they came there was no hardware...so we had to wait another week for them to come back... Well next time there was a missing headboard...third time they came out they had the parts and hardware...but the guys who put it together were totally hacks and did a horrible job putting it together, stripping screws, making holes and such. And the ladder was changed with no warning to a metal ladder, when it was suppose to be wood. At this time it is now 2 months after we bought the things... We couldn't return it or refuse delivery because they have a clause in there paperwork about no returns. Luckily they sent another guy out and fixed the screw-ups that the previous guys made on the bed. We got the warranty fix on the bed, so we will just get a whole new set when that is about up, because they are not holding up at all. (our boys are only 3&2!) If it can't handle them at this age...i'm scared to when they are put up in bunk form!

Needless to say we won't be buying anything else from Ashley becuase their customer service has not been good.

caitandcarasmom
by Member on May. 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM

We bought a micro-suede sofa & loveseat from Ashley about 4 years ago.  They have held up great through 3 moves and 2 rowdy kids.  When the time comes for us to buy new furniture when we get our house, we will probably go to Ashley again.

aurorabunny
by on May. 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Quoting caitandcarasmom:

We bought a micro-suede sofa & loveseat from Ashley about 4 years ago.  They have held up great through 3 moves and 2 rowdy kids.  When the time comes for us to buy new furniture when we get our house, we will probably go to Ashley again.

Same here, we have a microsuede Ashley sofa and loveseat and they are AWESOME.  We've had it for over a year but it still looks brand new, even though it is like a powder blue color.  The stains wipe right off too.

JRLKBGMomma
by Member on May. 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Quoting aurorabunny:

Quoting caitandcarasmom:

Same here, we have a microsuede Ashley sofa and loveseat and they are AWESOME.  We've had it for over a year but it still looks brand new, even though it is like a powder blue color.  The stains wipe right off too.

we have a microsuede sofa now...not from Ashely but the stains that didnt came out are horrible..thats why I am a bit worried abut getting the same type...what did you use to clean stains?  Mine are basically from leaky sippy cups..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)