Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD's Room Suggestions?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:55 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 471 Total Views

Ok so I have a 19month DD.  We just moved back in with my parents for a yr while DH is deployed but her room  used to be my little brothers room which was boyish so I decided to redo it.  Everything is something we can take with us to our new house when we move.  I just wanted some suggestions.  Her room here is pretty big so its hard to fill up the space but our next house her room will most likely be a lot smaller on base!  So I just want some suggestions. Her "Theme" is DREAM.  We are planning on making her crib into a full bed tonight so that will take up some room and we're going to make some homemade clouds to go over her bed.  Besides that I am lost lol!  IDK what else to add to it.  Like I said its a bigger room so I dont want to add things that wont fit in her smaller room next yr!  Anyways any advice ladies.  Also good/bad things about the room!

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momofne
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Iam confused with the layout..so many doors in that one pic. Could you upload anymore or a layout. I think the colors a great and I like the theme. The star looks kinda lost and too big for where it's hanging though. I'd move it somewhere else maybe with her name?

autismom
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:54 PM

When you say "dream" themed room, the first thing I thought of was this...

Can you replicate that some how?  I think adding touches of yellow through out the room would be nice. Also maybe thing of a pastel rainbow. Perhaps you though of it already, but how about adding the work SWEET to Dreams, then maybe adding something to resemble cotton candy, gum drops, rainbow colored lollipops? Hope this helps. Good luck and be sure to post pics when you are done so we can see the end result.

Rynsmommy1205
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Yes the layout is a little confusing, but its my parents house and its what I have to work with.  Theres a bathroom and closet in the room which is 2 of the doors and an attic is another and the exit is the 4th. The doors are all along that wall so I couldnt do too much there.  I put the star there bc its a small wall and it really had nothing to go there.  I will take some more and post them up.  I really didnt want to go with something Babyish bc I want her to grow with it.  Im adding some clouds in the room.  I could add another star under her name.  I just dont know what to add to it.  And since I will be moving everything in the next 8months I dont want to get too comfortable lol. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LOL

Quoting momofne:

Iam confused with the layout..so many doors in that one pic. Could you upload anymore or a layout. I think the colors a great and I like the theme. The star looks kinda lost and too big for where it's hanging though. I'd move it somewhere else maybe with her name?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)