• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OLDER HOUSE-BATHROOM WALLS PLEASE HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

We just recently bought a farmhouse.The floors are beautiful wood and the walls are also nice wood paneling I love it.The problem is the idiots who lived in the house before didnt take care of it.It's a lot of worrk but we'll be proud of it in the end.The bathroom is huge 2 big windows clawfoot tub and one wall all shelving from flor to ceiling.The problem is they painted the wood paneling splotcy white paint half done see through.I will have to repaint it but how.Do I use primer first .The wood is ruined and showing through their white paint thanks Anne

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
rttwilson
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM

We also have an older home that had 3 different kinds pf panelling on the walls. We used a primer that was tinted the colotr that we were planning on painting the walls on then painted them. We have actually painted them a couple of times since moving into our house. Good Luck.

moliphant28
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM

What about using large sheets of beadboard to cover the wood paneling.  My mom is doing that in her bathroom where the wall is rotted from water getting out of the shower door before she took it off. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)