• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Silk flowers in the yard for decoration?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 319 Total Views

Has anyone ever heard of this?My neighbor has them intwined in real and greeney .They look cute and I'd like to do it,but my sister says its tacky.Has anyoneelse done this?Can something like this be gotton away with tastefully.If you have do you have ay pictures .Thanks Anne

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
little-princess
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 7:45 AM

I have some neighbors that do that, it was pretty at first but now the flowers are faded & weather torn & it looks tacky.

Freebie Finders
http://www.cafemom.com/group/freebiefinders 
                                                          Home-canning Mommies
                                                     http://www.cafemom.com/group/homecanning        

jennmarie77
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:05 PM

My neighbor across the street has two planters she does this too and they're horrid.  And she has beautiful real flowers in her yard. 

I think they can be done nicely, but they need to be changed out often.

Come join us in Design Star Fans, where it's ok not to agree on who got sent home.

mzbarker2
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM

They can look ok if they look very very real.  Not the dime store type.  I once did this with a Hydrangea bloom stuck into my real bush for a party and noone could tell the difference, they kept commenting on how beautiful the blooms were.  But they dont weather well and fade very quickly.  And as  I said, these were very real, actually used in my wedding as decorations.  So u have to be careful.. I too have seen some that look really  REALLY tacky!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)