Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Tween Bedroom Ideas

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:15 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 10714 Total Views

Hi everyone,my daughter turned 10 last spring and wants to decorate her room(its so last year LOL).Im at a lost for what colors to paint her walls.She loves pink with green one day.She loves pink and blue the next.She loves to collect porcelain novelty type cats and webkinz stuffed animals..Do any of you ladies have any creative ideas on how to pull  pink,green,blue cats,and webkinz together on a small budget(LOL)?

Tori

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Crystallynn
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I would do the walls in one or two shades of pink.... and then I would get the peel and stick circles in green and blue... that way you have all the colors you are looking for.  I have even seen the peel and stick "whiteboard" and/or "chalkboard" that if you are artistic you could get and draw a big "drama" cat on it......(tall and skinny kinda like the baby phat cat).  I also found at ABC distributing.com that they have peel and stick mirrors.  They have a set of 8 for about 12.00 I think..... but they come in shapes of hearts, butterflies, and funky flowers.... I am getting some for my dd room! 

lundaylove
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM

the peel and stick deocrations are prolly your best bet. They arent too expensive either. And you can get some really cute multicolored bedspreds and stuff from walmart for pretty cheap too. And for the whole cat thing you could find some pop art pictures of them and hang them up since they kinda go with the color scheme too to make it fun and whimsical.

Heres a couple pics of what i was thinking:

You can easily print out a pic you find on google, go to a photo place and enlarge it and frame them for really cheap. Ive done it for my girls room before.

awesome young navy wife and mom to bouncing mom crazy kiddos under 3 years old who will rear face until the limits of their seats cuz I know its 5x safer to rear face longer!

IzzieNorahsmom
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Sometimes at the dollar tree they have the pink and green dots for the walls. I have bought some for my girls room so keep looking there if you have a dollar tree!!

autismom
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I would def go with sage green walls preferrably, or blue would work too and accent through out the room in pink and the other color (which ever color is not on th walls). Display her webkinz on shelves and maybe a small cabinet to hang on the wall for her porcelain novelty cats. Multi colored bedding and window treatment, an accent rug, etc...

I was thinking green or blue walls b/c I just think out of all the colors she likes, she's most likely to grow out of the pink first, and if that is on her walls.... moms gonna be painting again next year. That's why I'd keep it as an accent color that is easier interchanged if/when she grows out of it. Here's some pretty pics I found and some other inspiration...

For her collections, these are linked, so you can click on image...

HENSVIK Shelf unit

Good luck, and don't forget to post pics when you are done.

DecorativeMom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Hi Ladies,I knew I asked in the right place.I love all your ideas.Your all so creative!I cant wait to show my daughter so she can pick an idea.This will be fun!

Thanks so much,Tori

cuddlek
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 6:52 PM

LittleMissMatched® Sketchy Hearts Room-in-a-Bag 

I found this at JcPenney. Its a reversable bed in a bag set that even comes with the wall art.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)