Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Gillette

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 392 Total Views

Hi ladies. My name is Malonie. Im married and have a 5 year old son who will start kindergarten this year. My husband just started a job with Cloud Peak Energy Wednesday and so we are new to Gillette as of this week. We are looking for a  rental right now so if any knows of anything decent that isnt really expensive I would appreciate the info. I look forward to meeting some moms and making some new friends.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kristyn2003
by Group Owner on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM

what mine does your husband work at? My husband also works for cloud peak at Cordero Rojo mine. What does he do? Welcome to Gillette and I hope we can meet sometime.

m_ellingson
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM

My husband works at Cordero Rojo also. He is a mine engineer. I saw in another group there are stay at home moms who meet every Wednesday but until my husband finds a 2nd vehicle I wont be able to attend. Our son starts kindergarten this year too so I might be looking for a job soon.

kristyn2003
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:00 PM

What crew is your husnad on? 

m_ellingson
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Im not sure if he is on a crew. He doesnt do shifts or anything like that. He works days m-f in the engineering department. Thats all I really know lol

kristyn2003
by Group Owner on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:53 AM

That's pretty cool. The shift work really stinks!! I hope you guys like it in Gillette.

m_ellingson
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM

The job he had before this he worked 6 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day and commuted more than an hour each way so this is a definite improvement.

Quoting kristyn2003:

That's pretty cool. The shift work really stinks!! I hope you guys like it in Gillette.

kristyn2003
by Group Owner on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Well, I hope you like it here. Hopefully this summer we can plan some park playdates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)