Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

having trouble with somebody else watching my daughter while i work

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 346 Total Views
i understand that sometimes both parents have to work but how to you get your child to remember you when you come back from work ?   my sister in law watches my child shes only 2 months old im afraid she will call he mom   please help
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sammygrl77
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 12:38 PM

That's a fear most WM have. Honestly, kids don't forget who their parents are. The babysitter is just a person who watches your child when you are out of the house. A parent raises the child and teaches him/her morals and values. A babysitter can never replace a parent's love. 

sammiegurl351
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 12:42 PM
i would watch her but i live in missouri.
danidani
by on Apr. 16, 2007 at 7:46 AM
Sweetie-

I know that we as moms have a much tougher time with this seperation than our babies do. I would always wonder if Kristy missed me during the day, if she understood who her mother was and what important things needed to happen in order for her to understand. I know that your baby is young, your baby already knows and has known since they were in your tummy that you are mommy. Someone else can watch your baby during the day and when they get older and can show you that excitement when you come into the room you will realize that they know it is you. They do not forget their parents. I wrap my arms around you into a great big hug because I remember the feelings I had like you are having with my daughter Kristy. Just wait until your little one turns 9 months plus- they will be screaming- mommy mommy mommy. But for now, know that we support you.

jbveltema
by on Apr. 16, 2007 at 9:50 PM
I went, and am still going through the same thing.  My son is almost 6 months, and I just started working again about a month ago.  My mother-in-law watches him during the day, and it was so hard at first.  Luckily it is starting to get easier though.

My advice is to spend as much time with your daughter as you can when you aren't at work.  When you have to be away from your child all day, it makes the time you have with them so much more special.

My mother-in-law had somewhere to go this afternoon, so she dropped my son off at work toward the end of the day.  When he saw me, he got the biggest smile on his face, and I knew he was so happy to see me.  That's what is making it easier on me.  Soon your daughter will be able to smile when she sees you too, and it will make you feel so much better.  Hang in there for now!  It will be fine!  :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)