Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wear minimal to no makeup?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 303 Total Views

I am trying to minimize my routine, and since I've been on this face regimen I've noticed my face is much cleaner and skin tone is better. But I've always worn makeup so I'm worried about not wearing any or not wearing a lot. 

If you wear makeup, is it minimal? What do you do? Do you still feel beautiful?

by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lgroves
by Group Owner on Aug. 25, 2011 at 8:41 PM
I have to wear makeup. Unfortunately, I never really "outgrew" acne in adulthood. After having children it came right back, at least a little bit. I use a thin layer of everyday minerals. It covers my skin well, even when it's broken out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WeiMe
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Minimal. Mascara, a small sweep of bronzer, and a dab of concealer if needed. I only don a full face when I'm going somewhere special, and even then it is natural looking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nooshkamoo
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I only use eyeliner on rare occasions and I feel much more beautiful. When I do put on more than thats its usually mascara and some concealer. My husband says he likes natural women better since it shows their true beauty... if that helps any :)

moneysaver6
by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I don't wear any.  Haven't in years.

FelipesMom
by Member on Oct. 5, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I don't, and never have. I think it would be harder to go from wearing makeup to not wearing it, and still feel beautiful, than it is to wear no makeup when you never have. For me, it's easy, because it's all I've ever done :o)

LETICIA  (kind of rhymes with Patricia)
Mom to Felipe, born 11-24-2006

Group Owner - Unconditional Parenting, Earthy Tribal Mamas
Admin - Loving Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting

NaturalMama0711
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Hi!  Yes I don't wear any make up.  I just don't see the need to.  I feel that we hold our looks in way too high regards and that seeing a woman with no make up especially the celebs is shocking.  It took some time for me to feel comfortable not wearing make up because I have delt with acne issues most of my life, but I have gotten used to it.  Now if I wear it I feel gross. 

I believe in living naturally.  I use herbs for healing.  I make my own body products.  I am a proud SAHM.  I cook everything from scratch.  I cherish Mother Earth!

MelindaMartelli
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2011 at 9:09 PM

none. I have no blemishes. Im all natural

Holly-Noel-CM
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM

To be honest with you I'd rather not wear makeup because it takes valuable time away from my day. It takes me about 30  minutes to apply the base, find my blush, apply blush, etc. etc.. I do wear it ocassionally and I feel good when I do but I also feel good when I don't. When the weather is warmer it just sweats off, so "what's the point"? 

TaraK.
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I do not wear any make up 99% of the time. If I am going to a very nice restaurant with my dh or getting the christmas card picture taken I will put on the basics (foundation, mascara, maybe a little lipstick/gloss) but even that is rare. 

aunaturalmom
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM

The most I ever wear, which is rarely is concealer, eye shadow, eye liner, lip gloss, and mascara... sometimes just mascara, eye liner, and eye shadow.  I have come to love my skin although it isn't the best.  I have found that make up makes my skin dry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)