Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

laundry detergent

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 317 Total Views

hey ladies, any sugestions for a good baby laundry detergent ?

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
organicyogalove
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM

making your own :) cheap, easy and baby safe, would you like a recipe?

ktunnell
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 6:16 PM

absolutely !! :) I had no idea you can make you own detegrent :) thanks !

MelindaMartelli
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Sometimes the recipe has harsh things like borax or ivory soap, which is tested on animals. We use Soap Nuts. Natural and gentle, chemcially free, not tested on animals.

gillianwenger
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2011 at 7:56 AM

I used to make my own, but now I use Melaleuca's laundry detergent!  It's all natural and works and smells great!  It's very inexpensive as well!  It's concentrated, so you only use 1/2 oz. per load.  

gillianwenger
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I use Melaleuca's detergent!  It's all natural and works amazingly!  I love it!  

crazybluedaisy
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

We use Soap nuts too.  Picked right from the tree, dried, then used.  To be sure, check out all products at www.skindeep.org to see how your choices fall on the toxicity scale.  Borax is pretty high at a  6, and some of the Melaleuca products are as high as a 5.  I used to make my own detergent using Borax until I find out how bad it is for you, and I also used to use Melaleuca but do not anymore.

Saira222
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I make my own with borax for now. Baby's not here yet, but I've been thinking about leaving it out for the next batch. Last time I used FellsNaptha, borax, and washing soda. I think next time I'll use Dr Bronners or something and washing soda only. Only, I didn't like their "baby" bar soap. Smelled off to me. Maybe lavender... I'll have to check on that.

JaxMomma78
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Seventh Generation free & clear

N3W3STMOMMY
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Yes! The best laundry detergent I found was great for my baby and her eczema.  The laundry detergent is chemical free and I soley use it now! I'm not sure of the rules of the group of advertising. So message me if you would like the name of the company that sells it. 

Have a blessed day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)