Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gardens!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

Hello ladies, How many of you have gardens? IF so what do you put in your gardens?? I feel like im missing something in mine thats why i asked..

Photobucket

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alice129
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I just got my garden ready theres nothing in it yet lol, I just plan to plant the veggies we normally buy and see what grows well and what doesnt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jody230
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:56 AM

I usually plant things I can freeze or can, peas, beans, tomatoes, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, in bulk, then I do smaller amounts of lettuce, and cukes. I also do herbs. This year I'm looking into making a hydro garden that I can bring inside over the winter.

Nikk_Partain07
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Ok Jody what is a hydro garden??? Im confused...LOL..

jody230
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM

A hydro garden is a garden grown without dirt. The plants are grown in a water fertilizer solution. I'm attempting to build a system that consists of 4" pvc pipe with holes drilled in the top. A plant pot goes into the hole, it's filled with expanded clay (think marbles that look like they are made of terracotta.) and the plant. The water/fertilizer mixture is put in a reservoir and pumped to the plants. It goes through the pot, and drains into the pvc and is returned to the reservoir.  I want to set itup outside during the summer, and bring it inside for the winter. I'm running out of garden space, and this can be set up in the corner of the driveway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)