Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grants for stay at home moms to help pay bills?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 12:49 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 4847 Total Views

I'm planning on starting back to school this summer and I have been searching for a stay at home job to help with some of the bills that are hard to pay now that I'm not working, but then I thought about just seeing if I could find some sort of grant/loan/etc that helps pay expenses while in school.  Preferably a grant, not that I mind paying money back but my credit is pretty bad so I probably won't get approved for a loan.  Can anyone assist?

by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mria1964
by Member on Apr. 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM

The basic student loan (called Perkins, I think?) isn't based on credit and has helped me with bills while in school.

chelscc
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I don't know about any grants or loans other than through www.fafsa.ed.gov when you fill out for regular financial aid (which includes the pell grant, which is need-based, and stafford loans with low interest rates), but I do know of a legitimate work from home place.  I actually worked there for a while when I was in my first year of my master's, until my on-campus hours got to be too much.  It's called Alpine Access, and they basically contract to different companies, like Sprint and AAA, for customer service.  I had to buy a headset (I found one on ebay), but I made $9 an hour from home, and got to mostly choose my hours.  The website is www.alpineaccess.com.  I actually heard about it originally from my mom, who worked for them for three or four years while she was staying at home with my sister.  Anyhow, hope that helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)