Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Up date on my search

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:32 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 312 Total Views
I received some bitter sweet news yesterday in the form of a letter from the State of NY Dept. of Health's Adoption Registry, where my daughter had registered her contact info in 2005 and I registered April 2007. The letter stated that although she registered first, she was not ready to provide her final consent to release her information at this time. No explanation was given. I thank you so very much for all your prayers and support. This is not the end of the story because my GOD is bigger than whatever it is that is standing in the way of this reunion. She's alive and she didn't have to respond at all, but she did. I just pray for GOD'S timing and HIS will to be done whatever the out come, even if I never get to tell her how sorry I am.
Cathy Terry
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
WyoArmyMom
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Cathy, my sister, your daughter probably was as shocked as you were to find out there was a match and needs time to reconcile the idea of a face-to-face, or even a phone call. Is very very emotional & she may know already that a lot of reunions go sour when things are forced/ pushed...things need to be done at the time of comfort for everybody. Perhaps she is married with a husband who is holding her back. Don't give up because as you said - Jehovah is MUCH LARGER than any of these decisions we make as humans. The info / match is made. Now we all need to pray fervently for her to open her heart and life up to at least a visit and give you a chance. Include our friend Cathy Terry in your prayers, my sisters!!!!

Laura

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)