Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bubba has bumps all over !!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 168 Total Views
Hi all, Im hoping someone (pit) has had symptoms like this b-4. Monday night he started acting weird, crying, wouldnt walk upstairs once he came up he wouldnt go to bed w/us like he does(under the covers). Yesterday still the same but started getting bumps all over his body. I checked for ticks or any bites~nothing. The bumps continued to get worse and his belly is all red! I took him to the vet today and he said its an allergic reaction to something~who knows what though, just give him benedryl and wait a day or 2. He eats drinks and all that other good stuff just fine, kinda weird huh?? Any input would be great, Thanks   Eileen & Bubba
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:30 PM
no clue.... did you just open a new bag or food/treats?  even the same brand just a new bag?  Also just in case, I would vacuum your house really good to rid it of any new stuff you could have tracked in.  And check with the neighbors/housing area to see if they sprayed for bugs or weeds recently.  Check for rain/standing water in the back yard too.  Good luck

mamasitax2
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:34 PM

My Pit has never had this but I have had a dog who was allergic to weeds and some flowers.  Has there been any environmental changes, laundry soap or something?  Dogs can get allergies just like our kids do.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

jptophsmomma
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

no clue.... did you just open a new bag or food/treats?  even the same brand just a new bag?  Also just in case, I would vacuum your house really good to rid it of any new stuff you could have tracked in.  And check with the neighbors/housing area to see if they sprayed for bugs or weeds recently.  Check for rain/standing water in the back yard too.  Good luck

Nope, nothing new, no standing water,all the same stuff we have'nt treated our lawn recently but I will ask the neighbors. He wont go out for long, he is my "princess" it cant be too hot, too cold, too windy, rainy bla bla!! He cracks me up, my big bully is a baby :) Thanks for your  input, Eileen

jptophsmomma
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Quoting mamasitax2:

My Pit has never had this but I have had a dog who was allergic to weeds and some flowers.  Has there been any environmental changes, laundry soap or something?  Dogs can get allergies just like our kids do.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

My dumb neighbor does have LOTS of weeds, maybe something in there?? The first thing my hubby said was did I change laundry soap cuz bubba sleeps under the covers haha

iSMILEheCRIES
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:13 PM

Quoting jptophsmomma:

he is my "princess" it cant be too hot, too cold, too windy, rainy bla bla!! He cracks me up, my big bully is a baby :) Thanks for your  input, Eileen

haha I think you have MY Bubba's twin... he thinks he is a poodle

McAfee5k
by Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Same think happened to mine once. She got bumps all over and was scratching the shit out of herself. She looked like a pickle, all warty. We did the same thing w/ the benadryl. There's a shot they can give u at the vet tha works faster, but it's expensive
E.D.I.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:58 PM
My pit's have never had the bumps but they have had rashes and it was from the shampoo I was using. Now I use shampoo and conditioner from the vets office, oatmeal and aloe. But now i did have a jack russel and he broke out in bumps like that and it was from the hartz shampoo you get at wal mart..as soon as i stopped bathing him in it it cleared up.

On every thorn, delightful wisdom grows,
In every rill a sweet instruction flows.
~Edward Young~

jptophsmomma
by Member on Aug. 5, 2007 at 5:47 PM
Thanks you guys for all the input. I gave him the benedryl and that made him CRAZY!!!! He ran all over ther house like a loon, It makes my kids tired so I thought it would do the same too him. I ended up taking him back to the vet cuz he got worse and they put him on steriods. He's better now, the vet said we'll never know what got him but he seems to be fime now......oh dum dum bubba
JenniferCuellar
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2007 at 8:18 PM
I Have had something similar happen w/my two Pits Ronin and Bay, It started out that he was itching real bad , and in just two days it got worse, so I took him to my Vet and he told me he see's it alot in Pits and also alot this time of year ( Summer) it's a combination of heat and moisture that irritates there skin since pits do seem to have looser skin he gave me some pills and wipes to use on them the name of the pills is Lincocin and I gave it to them 2 times a day, it cleared up within the week, and the next month they broke out again and the doctor said it was possibly caused by a Goldfish pond we have that they trod through daily, so either way that Lincocin worked again and we
 havnt had anymore problems with it.

-Jennifer
jptophsmomma
by Member on Aug. 7, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Quoting JenniferCuellar:

I Have had something similar happen w/my two Pits Ronin and Bay, It started out that he was itching real bad , and in just two days it got worse, so I took him to my Vet and he told me he see's it alot in Pits and also alot this time of year ( Summer) it's a combination of heat and moisture that irritates there skin since pits do seem to have looser skin he gave me some pills and wipes to use on them the name of the pills is Lincocin and I gave it to them 2 times a day, it cleared up within the week, and the next month they broke out again and the doctor said it was possibly caused by a Goldfish pond we have that they trod through daily, so either way that Lincocin worked again and we
 havnt had anymore problems with it.

-Jennifer

Thanks, Ill keep that in mind incase this happens again :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)