Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ecema help!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 746 Total Views

if no one yet knows...my dd is 2 and allergic to eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, outside mold.. well latley her ezcema is getting worse.. i had it under controll untill the last few days.. i just wanna know...will she grow outta her ezcema or is it gonna be a life time battle?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
subbrock
by Member on Mar. 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM

there is hope! my daughter used to have bad eczema and i read somewhere that eliminating drinking cow's milk can sometimes help. so that's exactly what i did--i switched my little girl from cow milk to soy milk and her eczema cleared up. she eats dairy products and foods with milk in them with no problem.

but there is a link between eczema and allergies. my daughter had eczema first and then grew into food allergies (she's allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, fish, cats, dust, and pollen and has asthma). since i'm pregnant i asked about the likelihood of the new baby having food allergies too at our allergist appointment yesterday. she said that if the baby has eczema then they'll test for food allergies since 1/3 of people with eczema have some sort of food allergy/sensitivity.

shortiekid
by Member on Mar. 5, 2011 at 9:34 AM

she dosnt drink milk much anymore...but its still bad...its just annouyin when people ask whats wrong with her

cutie222
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Any dairy causes my son to get a rash.

sarahrose0413
by Member on Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Have you tried elocon and elidel creams to just get it under control for now??? my son just had a really bad outbreak after being free of it for 8 years...it was from a small amount of dairy he was getting, and from chlorine in the pool......dairy is usually the culprit....try rice, or soy or coconut milk(if not allergic to coconut) for a while maybe???

charitie_ann
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:12 AM

My child started with exzema at around 3-5 months. It was severe. He would even get infections. I would put socks on his arms to keep him from itching till he bled at night. He had terrible exzema on his cheeks too. He has improved so much in the last year and a half. He is 5. He still comes to my room for me to scratch his back because he can't sleep at night. Ive been scratching his back since he was an infant, trying to help him sleep better. His face has completley cleared. He has a beautiful face. His inside of his elbows look good too. His legs could use a little work but not bad. But the front of his ankles will some times be as clear as can be but they have a shinny appearance kind of like what a scar would leave. His toes too. But not that bad for a boy. Overall It changes on where it shows up as they get older and yes it does get beter. My son only had one hand staph infection last year in preschool that was caused by his exzema.

injoyingbeingm
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2011 at 4:10 PM

my dd eczema is controlled with homeopathic cortisone because almost everiting worse, ones she's allergy to gluten and all processed products have it or made with  animal milk,egg or add Weat or soy we  use vegetable soap natural.also grass worst to.

JulieT727
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Your question is one that not even doctor's can accurately predict.  Since she is quite allergic she will probably have issues for a long time.  Hopefully she will grow out of some of the allergies.  My son is quite allergic, at 2 he was allergic to soy, eggs, dairy, wheat, barley, oats, tree nuts, peanuts, penicillin, and environmental pollens.  Now that he is 9 he has grown out of some but added others.  His eczema did clear up but he has been susceptible to other skin conditions and skin viruses.  He, for the first time since age 1 has eczema again.  We are using a steroid cream temporarily.  It's a terrific battle and stress, pollen, soaps, etc... can trigger a bigger break out.  My heart goes out to you, I too have eczema...on my hands.  During those more out of control times I would bath her daily in lukewarm bath with an emollient in the water.  Upon leaving the bath cover the skin with an allergen free moisturizer like vanicream and even some moisture barrier like a petroleum free jelly.  Then cover with a loose cotton p.j.  You may already do this so I hope you don't mind my advice.  Constant application of moisturizer is helpful for her comfort.  btw, when my son was an infant with eczema we used elidel then it was reported that is was not safe for children so before you use ask your child's pediatrician to see if it has been reformulated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)