Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 356 Total Views
My daughter is nine mos. Everything I give her she throws up.I even changed my diet. She's better but its slowly going back.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LFields
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
You will need to take her into the doctor and they may have you do blood work on her to see what she is allergic to. They also might have you cut certain foods one at a time to see what she is reacting to.
Hcipressi
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Thanks
Jadnorton
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Start a food diary. Every food she eats and every food you eat (I am assuming you are Breastfeeding from your post) along with symptoms. Get specific. If it was a certain brand of pears, then right it down.

See a doctor. They should recommend a blood test and/or an allergist.

Start slow with food.
JulieT727
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I would say your daughter would greatly benefit from going to the physician to discuss.  Make a list of foods you have avoided that have made her feel better.  If it is food allergy you may want to seek the advice of a pediatric allergist who is very familiar with food allergies.  It should be very soon because food allergy reactions can change for the worse without notice and you probably do not have the emergency medications to stop a reaction.  Be diligent with avoiding any food that makes her throw up until you have seen the doctor for a diagnosis.  You don't have to have a history of food allergy to have a child with a food allergy. 

My son was diagnosed at 5 months.  His twin did throw up some but it turned out he had reflux and still, eleven years later, gets nauseaus from certain foods or circumstances like running or jumping after a meal...that is why going to your child's pediatrician is the first step.  Much luck to you.

Julie Trone
Parent of food allergic child, learning, helping, enjoying life.  I have my own company called Allergy Free Table which provides education about food allergies.
Facebook - @AllergyFreeT
- Pinterest

Hcipressi
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Thank you all very much.
Hcipressi
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM
She had an upper gi done they said she's fine. I asked about an allergy test. They said she's to young. Is thattrue. She's 10 mos.
ElmoRules
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM

She is not too young.  We had many doctors tell us that including a pediatric allergist.  We kept looking until we found a doctor who understood.  It could also be delayed reaction food allergies.  If it is she will test negative to IgE testing so they will also need to do IgG testing.  Some allergists don't believe in IgG food allergies so find one that does if things don't get better.  Follow your gut and don't take no for answer.  If we had, our 7 year old twins would still be sick today.

LFields
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
We had our daughter tested at 23 months for food and environmental allergies and all test came back showing she is allergic to nothing. They said that allergies usually don't show up until after they turn two. We had the test redone again a few years later and she came back showing positive to tons of food and environmental allergens. We watched her and keep tabs on what seems to bother her in between and we cut out a lot of the foods before she showed positive for them. It's a long hard road with the doctor's. I would say try to get the testing done, but also listen to your instinct in the mean time. If you know she reacts to something stop eating it if your breast feeding or giving it to her directly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)