Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stickers for allergies

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:47 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 362 Total Views
 I am a Childrens Ministries Worker in my church.  We are looking to get stickers for our children that have allergies.  We would like to find a Peanut with an X   thru it for our peanut allergy kids and a bee with an x  thru it for our bee allergic children.  Does anyone know where we can get these type of stickers.  Thanks for your help.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LLLrocks
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:12 AM
I don't think stickers are the best way to go - the kids will take them off and exchange them or something - my dd has peanut and egg allergies and I would be upset if that was our daycare's idea.  Even older kids that are aware of the risks can still be immature and be killed b/c of it.  I recently heard of a teenager dying b/c he accidently ate a peanut cookie that he forgot to ask about.  Of course he didn't have his epi-pen with him either.
Check out www.faan.org
They have ideas for schools, and other groups to deal with children with food allergies.
Dolphinz
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 3:04 AM

If they're going to be on a chart for the adult care givers to use, then yeah I think it's a good idea. Don't know where you could get them but was thinking maybe you could print them off on the computer using a print program? Or maybe someplace like a Medical supply store might have them.... 

cinderella22_17
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 9:42 AM
Maybe instead of stickers you could make fabric patches and pin them on the kids? Then they could not take them off or exchange them.
Marcia01
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 7:57 AM
Thanks for the comments and suggsetions.  We have always used stickers and have never had any problem with the kids taking them off.  They are primarly used for our Birth -K  and we put the stickers on their bacle.  I do like the idea of fabric patches,it would definitely be cost saving.
mamatoheartbaby
by Group Admin on Jul. 27, 2007 at 9:01 AM
If you have access to a button maker you could make buttons. You would be able to reuse them and they would be harder for the littleones to take off too.

I am sure you could find the pictures you are looking for or even make them.
jaybirdmom
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:30 PM
We got a bunch of great t-shirts, stickers, patches, and buttons at www.cafepress.com.   They have a ZILLION products, so I think I put "food allergy" in the search engine.  They have generic "I have a food allergy" items, and they also have specifics like you're looking for - pertaining to peanuts, bees, or whatever. 
susan878
by Member on Sep. 27, 2007 at 7:55 PM
Yes!!!  www.susan.mabel.ca  Personalized allergy alerts with childs name and specific allergies.  Dishwasher and microwave safe and they REALLY stick.  Kids won't be peeling them off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)