Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im interested in moving to medford oregon?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 1447 Total Views

Im wondering what kind of a city it be like to live at. I currently live in california and I wanna move some place that has a lot more to do, maybe more jobs. Are their a lot of jobs their? I wanted to ask you ladies if medford oregon is a great place to live?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
StephanAndCoral
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 7:29 PM

BUMP!

XtremeCheerMom
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Personally, I think it's a great place to live.  We moved for my husband's job when oldest dd was 4 (from Medford to Modesto, CA) and we hated it....moved back after just 9 months.  After being back home for a few years I finished school and earned my teaching degree.  We had just slashed budgets in the state and no schools were hiring in the area and I didn't want to sub (I should have, looking back) and I took a job in Crescent City, CA.  We were there for 2 years before moving back home.  Been home ever since and I'll never leave again.  If I were to move, it would still be somewhere in Southern Oregon.  Honestly, jobs are not as abundant as they used to be but depending on what type of job you are wanting they are here. 

TattooMommy143
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:48 PM

i moved to ashland when i was 2, and i love this area. i've been in medford since i was 18 because cost of living is cheaper. like any place we have our fare share of crime and such, but it's a pretty nice area, with 4 real seasons and tons of outdoor and indoor activities to do. west medford isn't very nice, but it is affordable. jobs, like any where else are hard to find if you're picky about what you do. any ways, i love southern oregon and wouldn't want to live anywhere else :-)

bcylab
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 12:42 PM

These ladies have given you some great info, jobs are what they are depending your field and how picky you are i this type of economy.

As for the area to live, I love it. I grew up in San Jose, I would never take my children there to be raised. I love Central Point, we do  have crime, but it seems to be minor compared to some of the major cities. We do also have our share of drugs, but what city doesn't these days. they are keeping a decent handle on it. For me working in the hospital I see loads of things, bu tI still love it here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)