• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Interested In Sewing/Crafting?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

Okay, this might be a long shot, but I'm hoping to find one or to gals to sew/craft with.

I've finally created a space to do my sewing and crafting and I need a little push.  I'm a novice sewer and I have projects that I would love to finish. Thinking it would be fun to have someone join me in my pursuit of completing unfinished craft projects whatever they may be. 

I'm thinking maybe every couple of weeks or once a week for a couple of hours.  You can bring your little one(s). I have a 4 yr old girl and I've created a play area in the same room.  So they won't be far away. Or if you want to craft kid free (and enjoy some cocktails) my saturday evenings and sundays are open : ).

I live in Bellevue. Send me a msg if you're interested. Thanks!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tiredmommyof2
by Group Admin on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I am with you I never seem to finish my projects. I started crocheting a blanket and it is sitting in a box almost done for a few years now! lol I have decided I want to learn how to make quilts. My godmother is going to show me how to use my sewing machine (I know how sad lol). Once she shows me what to do I would love to.

Crafts and martini's...... sounds like a great combo! :)

feminista_mama
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:58 AM

I enjoy crafting too.  I've never really learned how to sew, but I love knitting.  I'd like to learn how to sew.  I live in Bellevue too!   My DD is 19 months old.

simple smile

Margarita41
by Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Cool! I've been travelling so i've been behind on my cafemom : ).  I'm thinking maybe starting the week of Feb16th.  I've been learning to sew on my own. It's been hit and miss, but lots of fun. 

Any particular day that works?

Quoting feminista_mama:

I enjoy crafting too.  I've never really learned how to sew, but I love knitting.  I'd like to learn how to sew.  I live in Bellevue too!   My DD is 19 months old.

simple smile

Killakanette24
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I bought a sewing machine last year in hopes it will help me with projects but I can't seem to learn how to sew on it.  Last time I tried, it ate my article of clothing!  I would not mind a little help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)