Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone miss being in? A little long

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 501 Total Views

Poll

Question: How many of you miss being in the military?

Options:

Miss it alot, would go back in if I had the chance

Miss it a little, but wouldn't go back in

Love being a civilian

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

I got out the navy August 2007 due to physical standards and I could have fought it more and stayed in cause I was only 1% over in body fat but I didn't and got out on honorable. Well now I am working at the VA Hospital as a Medical Support Clerk which basically a secretarial job. All I do is answer phones and process medical records. Pretty much a very boring job but I get paid $15 per hour which is not bad at all. But I hate it. Its a boring job. My husband says I shouldn't complain about it. I actually want to go back in the navy and I can but hubby says I shouldn't. But he is still in the navy and doesn't understand where I am coming from. What it is is I don't feel important at my job. I don't feel like I am doing anything meaningful. When I was in I was a quartermaster and don't get me wrong it was stressful and there were days when I absolutely hated but I was doing something important. Let me stop now or else I will go on forever but anybody else feel this way?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrswynne
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Any moms feel this way?

jucyfrut
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Oh, I know exactly what you mean.  I was in for 6 years and have been out since '96.  I know that's a long time to be out, but I still have a big military mentality.  When I was in I never got homesick, but since I've been out--it seems like I get homesick for it!! KWIM?

Civilian life is a whole lot different than the military life.  I loved the military life.  There are days when I wish I could just be right back in the military. 

I do understand how you feel--you are not alone. 

lorimay1
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2009 at 8:52 AM

hello,my name is lori and i served in the army for 15 years and it seems to me that no matter where we go or what we do with our lifes after "serving"wer'e gonna miss it!!!We miss it because we belonged in a group of special people.My son is over in iraq now and as a army veteran myself,i try really hard not to worry about him because GOD will take care of him until he commes home.Yae,i still miss it alot and i think i'll allways will and if i had the chance to do it all over again,i'd do it in a second!!!Joining the army was the best thing i ever did!It's something that i never regretted doing,and i would recomend it to young people because it gives them a chance to grow and to learn new things.lori

DayTrips
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 4:21 AM

I got out in October 2002 after serving 2 enlistments.  I honestly spent the first 2 years in a funk because I just really, really missed it.  I think it would have been easier if my husband wasn't also active duty...I would get jealous of him.  lol  It got easier though.  I still miss it sometimes but I wouldn't go back in at this point.  I couldn't always say that though.

JadeCosta
by New Member on May. 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Still in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)