Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Welcome to the Elementary School Kids Group! Introduce Yourself.....

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:06 PM
  • 4942 Replies
38 moms liked this

wave

Welcome to the Elementary School Kids Group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  If you're feeling really adventurous, start your own post.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To add a group signature to your posts, click here: 
Elementary School Kids - Group Signatures!

Here are some posts on the group that may be helpful:
Ask The Teacher.....
Educational websites for Elementary school kids
Want a Pen Pal for your child(ren)???** Use this post.**

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me or any of our Mods a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Robin, Michelle and the Elementary School Kids Group Mods

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:06 PM
Replies (1-10):
kylesmom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:31 PM
5 moms liked this

Hi everyone my name is Jennifer I have a 3rd grade son Kyle.  We live in California   Kyle attends a private school that has done wonders for him.  He currently love science and reading .  I am the Admin for 3, 4, and 5 grade moms so I hope you you will stop by the forum for a look   See you soon

have a nice day

weaveress
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM

hello im Julie, 26. I have a 3rd grade (step)daughter 8 1/2 and a kindergarten son, almost 6. Currently we are battling with Kasi not doing well in science and never having homework in anything. THe teacher believes all work should be done at school. So how are we suppose to help improve her C in science??? And Calvin is still getting use to school. he is very tired most nights. he usually falls asleep around eight, but has fallen asleep as early as 5pm and slept all night. the poor little guy seems exhausted and they dont take naps or have quiet time at his school.  he also is having issues being seperated from me. he come home crabby and usually talking back as soon as he gets off teh bus. so he has spent a lot of time in timeout since august. he also has stopped spending time with his papaw and actually refuses to speak to him somedays. when we asked him why he said he wanted mommy not papaw. poor papaw is being abandoned by his buddy and i feel bad.  he also has issues with me not being invited(they have limits in this school district, daughters does not) to his school parties and stuff. he doesnt understand why i cant go to everything like i do for sissy or like i did for him when he was in preschool for two years. we also have a new baby due in march that both the kids are ecstatic about. i am not sure if that is adding to calvin's worries or not.

boy on a swingshooting photowearing crownpregnant belly

Calvin David        Photo Freak              Kasi Lynn          Baby

hholllyy426
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Holly. I am 29 and I have been married for 8 years and we have a 7 year old son who is in the 2nd grade. Our son was diagnosed with severe ADHD-C(combined type) when he was in Kindergarten and was recently diagnosed over the summer with Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Anxiety Disorder NOS. He also has symptoms of depression and suicidal tendencies, which thankfully since we have gotten him a companion dog has reduced tremendously. His dog is a 4 year old springer spaniel named Star. She's the sweetest thing and we all love her.Not only am I a stay at home mom, I am also a full time student majoring in Elementary Education with an emphasis in Psychology. I will be graduating in Fall of 2011. My husband is also a full time student studying History and works full time as well. I have many hobbies and always looking to start new ones. They include, but not limited to(lol) candlemaking, sewing, crochet, soapmaking, scrapbooking, jewelry making, photography, gardening, cooking, all sorts of crafts, etc etc. Photography is my current hobby that I am working on. I am taking a couple of photography classes, one using black and white 35mm film and doing all the processing and prints myself, LOVE IT, and the other a digital class. Anyways, since I made this sooooo long and told my whole life story I am going to end here. Want to know anything, feel free to ask.

LovinSweetsMama
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone My name is Misty. I have two boys Seth he is 6 almost 7 and in 1st grade and Adam he is 4. And he cannot wait till he starts Pre K next year. I just returned to work about a month ago and so far I am finding it so hard b/c I miss being home with my boys.

rwklk
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi,

I'm Karyn, I'm a SAHM My son Adam is 7 & is in 2nd grade, he is in the special ed program but is doing so well he should be able to be main streamed in a year or so. I still find it hard to believe he is in 2nd grade already! I also have a daughter Emily who is 4 & in preschool

blessed.mom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I am Gina and delighted to continue on in a leadership role here on this great group now as a mod.  I have been married for 13 years to my dh Jason and have been blessed to be a sahm to Amy.  She is now 11 1/2 and has really come into her own socially this year.  From tomboy to fashion diva, from loner to social butterfly, and from sports-centered to enjoying sports along with everything else in life it has been quite a transformation.

I am very active on CafeMom.  My primary roles:

Mod for Elementary Moms (2300+ members strong)

Group Mom/Owner of Moms withTween Daughters (450+ members strong)

Admin for Christian Parenting (1200+ members strong)

Active member in over 30 additional groups

I look forward to meeting all of you and to getting to know you!

Gina
Mom to Amy &
Group Mom of Moms with Tween Daughters

DestaniesMama
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Hi, my name is Stephanie. I have been married for almost 8 years and we have a daughter whom is 7, named Destanie. She is in the 1st grade. I am currently working part time and hope to get back to school next semester. My husband is a truck driver, so I had to take a few semesters off to make some money!

bananna
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Anna and I have been married for 6 years.  I have one son who is 5 almost 6, named Seth and is in kindegarten at a charter school.  He really seems to like it except he says his teacher yells too much.  lol

sleigh

67mermaid
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tabby and I have an 8 year old boy and I was just looking for a place to talk with other moms with kids my sons age and possibly get and give advice on every day issues.

Thanks!

Tabby

rkoloms
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Greetings Moms!

My name is Robin, and I live in Chicago with my spouse, Howard and our daughter Alyssa. I am one of the Mods for this group; it is loaded with great advice and it is fairly drama-free. I also own the Job Hunting Moms group, and help out as an admin for a couple of recipe and cooking groups.

My passions are education and healthy eating.

Robin in Chicago

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)