Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of Girls in Upper Elementary

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

What grade is your daughter in this year?

Has she started her period? Have any of her friends?

Gina
Mom to Amy &
Group Mom of Moms with Tween Daughters

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
weaveress
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 8:59 AM

what is upper elementary?our elementary school is from k-4th grade. so most girls havent started by then, but they get the schools sex talk and period talk in 4th grade. our middle school is from 5th to 8th. the have health class in 6th and most of them start around that time. I have a 3rd grader, but am also a teaching canidate for middle and high schools in the area and i sub right now cause im pregnant.

boy on a swingshooting photowearing crownpregnant belly

Calvin David        Photo Freak              Kasi Lynn          Baby

Jillysmom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:58 AM

My daughter is in 5th grade and she hasn't started,yet. But I would not be surprised if it wasn't within the next few months. I really don't know about any of her classmates.

blessed.mom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Amy started last year in 4th grade and has now had hers a little over  a year.  She is a year older than most of her classmates, but the same age as the girls on her soccer team.  Of late, some from both crowds have started.

Gina
Mom to Amy &

klianemcb2
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM

OMG my dd is in 2nd and this scares the hell out of me! I was in 9th, a freshman for christs sake! aarrgghhh!

Quoting blessed.mom:

Amy started last year in 4th grade and has now had hers a little over  a year.  She is a year older than most of her classmates, but the same age as the girls on her soccer team.  Of late, some from both crowds have started.

blessed.mom
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Quoting klianemcb2:

OMG my dd is in 2nd and this scares the hell out of me! I was in 9th, a freshman for christs sake! aarrgghhh!

Quoting blessed.mom:

The reality is few moms are really "ready" for their daughter to begin menstruating.  I encourage all moms to work on educating and preparing not solely based on her development (i.e. no rush as she has not yet started to develop) but rather based on age/grade level.  Once others hit this milestone you can count on it that some discussion happens at school.  It is always best to begin your discussion at home prior to that time and then encourage your daughter to bring those statements home so you can explore them with her (and correct any incorrect or misguided data).

Gina
Mom to Amy &

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)