Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschool / Kindergarten Prom

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:42 AM
  • 34 Replies

Does your child's school have one?

Post pictures if you have em. Show off those adorable kids!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kylesmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:53 PM

no 

kylesmom aka Jennifer 

Join us on

Moms with Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

MKSmom09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:53 PM

no we have a teddy bear picnic though!

Bonnie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who snickered upon reading the title of this thread? Are you kidding me?! haha....

Kriket2202
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Quoting Bonnie:

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who snickered upon reading the title of this thread? Are you kidding me?! haha....

I seriously LOL'd...

wink miniKriket

lexismum03
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM

lol I laughed a little too. We had what was called daddy date night from k-5th grade which we had a themed dinner and dance 1 a year! It was awesome! As for k-prek prom heck no!

Quoting Bonnie:

And Wife of a soon to be Police officer!

silence68shh
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Me too. Our school doesn't do anything!

Quoting Bonnie:

Bonnie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I just had this vision of my 5 y/o wearing a tux.. Pulling a frog out of his pocket for his "date". Then some poor little girl running around yelling, "Get it off, GET IT OFF!!"

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Our school district does this every year. And you would not believe the dresses the little girls wear.(mini prom ones) 

Here are a few pictures.

This is the 1st year they did it for prek. My oldest was in K but his class didn't have one.

lexismum03
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM

wow lol The thought that comes to mind is alot of really bored PTA moms put this together!  I didn't start dances aside from the daddy date night which wasn't dressy were the dances in junior high! I couldn't imagine putting my daughter in a mini prom dress with the curls and all..I cherish her being little and don't want to encourage her to grow up any quicker than neccessary!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:14 PM

LMAO - really a prom for 4 and 5 year olds?!?  That is really funny.  I like the lady that said her son would pull a frog out of his pocket -  that would be my boys as well, either a frog or a snake.

Sixth grade is the youngest grade that can attend a dance at my school, it is usually in late May and is very informal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)