Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Phone time

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

Do you allow your child to talk on the phone?

If so how long?

Any certain time to not be allowed on the phone other than bedtime?

Does your child give out the home phone number to every kid in their class?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hholllyy426
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:56 AM

My son is just learning about the phone and he has memorized a boy's number from his class. He's called him a couple times to talk, usually about 10 minutes. He talks to my mom when I call her once a week. 

Join us on

Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

weaveress
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:51 AM

my kids can call and talk to grandparents, daddy at work, SD can call her mom during free time as long as they want, if they arent in trouble. as far as friends, i limit it to ten minutes during free time. if its not during free time(we have a daily schedule we go by) then i have them call the friend back during free time. my children both know how to use the memory on our phone to call DH's parents, my parents, daddy at work, SD's mom, etc. I have 10 people saved on their they are allowed to call. Otherwise its friends calling here, my kids usually dont make first contact.

boy on a swingshooting photowearing crownpregnant belly

Calvin David        Photo Freak              Kasi Lynn          Baby

CaLizzyMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:27 AM

He is allowed to talk on the phone, but he doesn't like to.  DS is only 7, so we haven't had to worry about "how long" just yet, and if he is anything like his Dad we won't ever have that problem.  There is no talking on the phone during dinner, Mom and Dad abide by this rule, too.  He doesn't have to give out our phone number, we have a school directory for that.

amzbrznjz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM

My DD is 9 and the phone is glued to her hand...I allow 1 hour after homework before dinner, and an hour after dinner...she can split it anyway she wants but that is it

Bonnie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:35 AM

My DD talks to one of her friends on the phone a few times a week. Never after 8 pm and not for more than 10 minutes. I'm trying to put a stop to her friend ringing the phone off the hook, however.

A few years ago, the school started something that I wasn't quite a fan of. Two weeks into the school year, my DD came home with a telephone directory of every child and parents' name in the school, along with their class, home phone numbers, addresses and emails for those who supplied them! I NEVER gave my permission and was peeved. Apparently, it was put together by the PTA. This year, they issued permission slips as to whether or not you wanted to be listed in this directory.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)