• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift Ideas for a 9 yr old girl

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ok ladies. I have a daughter that is 9 and in the 4th grade. I have ran out of ideas of things I could get her for Christmas. So far I have gotten an MP3 player, a kit that teaches her how to crochet hats and scarves (with yarn) and a new comforter for her bed. She will get books in her stocking or a gift card to the book store here and yes she will still play with Barbies so I will get her one of those to stick in her stocking as well. So that is covered. She has started asking for older things, some of you may think 9 is a normal age for a 4th grader but in my daughters class she is the youngest; most of the girls will be 10 long before her or are already 10 going on 11 (my dd won't be 10 until June). She has asked me to teacher how to shave her legs so I thought about getting her an electric razor, but then I think 9 is still to young. I was 10 when my mom bought me and electric razor, I noticed over the summer that yes her leg hair is getting a little darker, but its now winter in Michigan she mostly wears pants now and if she wears a dress she has on tights. Other than clothes I can't think of anything else. I hate to say it but she is rather geeky. She loves to read and learn; always asking questions. She doesn't care about fashion other than that she has clothes to wear. She also thinks that because everyone else has something that she has to have it as well. Not that she hasn't been asking for things for Christmas because she has, they are just way out of our price range.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
VintageWife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I think it was around 9 that I may have started shaving mine. I remember my mom saying something about them needing done. My stupid (in a loving way of course...lol) brothers would make fun of me though cause I had hair on my legs. I didn't even have dark hair...lol...it was blonde. Anyway, I think the electric razor would be a nice idea. I love mine. I can't believe for years I used a stinking regular razor. Its so nice and easy to use the electric one.

Other than that, can you tell us more about her? Is she into fashion? Does she want to dress like her friends? Or is she more the 'i really dont care what people think of my clothes' type of girl? LOL. Is there anything she is just totally into as far as movie or book series?

Tiffany, wife to David and sahm to James and Caleb and Baby J (Jasper or Jocelyn) coming summer of 2010!

Pregnancy ticker

mommyofa147
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:48 AM
how about a camra they have one at kmart for 24.99 i got that for my 9 year old son and got him a photo frame at the dollor store for 10 dollar they can upload 100 pics to it

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:16 AM

How about some nail polish or a grooming kit for her nails. And a book about hair styles, so she can try some new ones out on herself friends and you. Maybe a journal or diary. Some nice stationary for letters. Maybe a scrapbook kit for photos. Maybe a cute cover for her MP3 player and a cute different pair of ear-buds (Walmart sells the pink and purple ones) Maybe a small jewelry making kit. A charm bracelet and a new charm for the holiday with it.(then a new charm for different events or holidays later on as future gifts). Bubble bath or bath salts and oils.

Is her hair on her legs very noticable?  When I was 10 my hair was dark and very noticable when I wore skirts. And it made me feel shy about wearing the skirts and dresses. Maybe some nair or that cream that you use the rubber razer to clean it off. Or even that new thing on TV that just sips on your hand and you "smooth away "the hair off her legs.

kenziedawnmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:20 AM

My daughter just turned 9 she wanted a barbie and a  littlest pet shop and makeup and video games and a new tv lol so i have a list a mile long of what she wants as for shaving her legs i have no clue what age would be a good age to start doing that i guess when it gets to were her hairs are dark and you can see them when she wears shorts.

momo2nsngl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Did you know they have child sized snuggies now...as well as pet snuggies..lol. I got my 9 yr old girl a snuggie for christmas as well as rollerblades and barbies..lol. As for shaving I know I didn't start till I was thirteen..I still had blonde hairs on my legs but I started shaving because all my friends were and I was actually being made fun of because of those little blonde hairs that sparkle when the sun hits them..lol. Oh well..my daughter has also asked about shaving..I told her not until she gets hair in other places lol. I guess it is really up to you about that.

sandie66
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM

My daughter is only 6, but she loves perfumes and lotions, and shower gels. Things like that. She loves jewelry. Oh if she is "geeky" what about some puzzles? Sara loves those too. This year I also bought Sara some pretty pillows for her bed. Sometimes you can find them shaped like butterflies and flowers, etc. That's something different. If you got her an MP3, what about a giftcard to download songs onto it? 

beachbride
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM

My daughter just turned 11. I taught her to "shave" over the summer. I got her VEET with the little plastic razor type thing. She LOVES it!!! She does it by herself and I dont have to worry about her getting cut.

Other ideas. If she has a game system, any type of singing game or fashion game or pet game or cooking game. Webkinz. Build-A-Bear. Tea or Hot Chocolate with her own mug.

Kriket2202
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM
amzbrznjz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:28 AM

my DD already has all the things mentioned above with the exception of shaver, I started in 6th grade and so will she...this year I got her an art kit, roller skates, JOnas sleeping bag (since she is doing sleepovers) and a club pengiun (disney's answer to webkins) and a trip to Disney world...hope that list helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)